Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002N5K
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Courtyard San Marcos, San Marcos, Texas VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Platinum Hospitality Management Co., Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The mission of Platinum Management Services, LLC is to create value through ownership and operation of a portfolio of hotels. We strive to always provide our guests with an exceptional experience.
Job Profile Summary:
Responsible for leading the sales department, achieving revenue and profitability goals, managing budgets and forecasts. The Sales Manager will be required make weekly outside sales calls. Recruit, train and develop departmental personnel. Maintain professionalism at all times. Possess technical knowledge and aptitude. Develop business relationships and provide exceptional customer service and guest experiences. Create and generate sales bookings, BEOs and revenue reports and forecasts. The Sales Manager will negotiate corporate rates. In this role you will collaborate with General Manager on revenue and occupancy forecasts.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties include the following - Other Duties May Be Assigned:
- Adhere to Platinum Management Services, LLC. and Brand specific standards.
- Assist in developing and implementing sales and marketing efforts of the hotel.
- Generate and manage departmental budget and monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue and profitability goals; accurately report pipeline and current sales variances/projections to management.
- Direct the scheduling of conventions and group activities at the hotel and coordinate with all departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Cultivate and maintain business relationships with the community, targeted and existing customer accounts.
- Works collaboratively with the company Sales personnel to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary, and not duplicative.
- Sets day-today priorities to complete assigned responsibilities.
- Attend conventions and business functions.
- Conducts site inspections for customer accounts when appropriate.
- Maintains complete and up-to-date lead information on each account to verify accurate reporting and customer base information.
- Build business by actively selling via outside sales calls, cold calls, site inspections etc.
- Assist management in the development and update of the hotel level business plan to include input on sales plans that support the overall business and sales strategies of the company.
- Supports the companys service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
- Tracks weekly activities and relationship to revenue and room night production.
- Maintain an organized and accurate sales and marketing pipeline and forecast.
- Engages in property related events that support the development of existing and new accounts.
- Recruit, train and provide career development for all sales personnel.
- Ensure that the web, Social Media, and third party electronic distribution channels are continuously reviewed, researched and updated for maximum hotel exposure and maximum room night generation.
- Provide sales call reports to the Hotel General Manager and the Director of Operations as required.
- Generate and complete sales activity reports in a timely manner.
- Fulfill Manager on duty shifts.
- Keep Company business including but not limited to, financials, personnel, guest and customer data strictly confidential.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Knowledge of comp set and understanding of STR reporting.
- Proficient in English. Bi-lingual a plus.
- Be Proficient in Revenue Management.
- Professional appearance and grooming must be adhered to at all times
- Proficient with current technologies and software inclusive of business applications.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills required.
- Ability to attend and complete Company and Brand training. Travel may be required.
- Be a self-starter with effective leadership skills.
- Ability to travel as required and work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Be organized and work well in a fast paced team environment.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) in order to drive property transportation vehicle. (If applicable at your location)
- Adaptable and willing to assist other departments in time of need.
- Have an outgoing personality.
- Maintain professionalism at all times.
- Previous sales experience required 2+ years. Hospitality sales preferred.
- High School Diploma required. College Degree is preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform duties and meet requirements satisfactorily.
- As an employee, it is your responsibility to be aware of and report any and all safety hazards or violations you may see or witness in the course of performing your required duties.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.