Franchised Director of Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002N57
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location TownePlace Suites Alexandria Fort Belvoir, Alexandria, Virginia VIEW ON MAP
Brand TownePlace Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Baywood Hotels, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Be. ...an Innovator, a Motivator, a Leader, a Team Player
Most of all, Be Baywood!
With our "It's My Pleasure!" philosophy we have become one of the Nation's fastest growing hotel development & management companies. Get to know us at www.baywoodhotels.com and see why we believe, 'It's Better at Baywood!'
Join us as the Hotel Director of Sales for our TownePlace Suites Alexandria Fort Belvoir.
- Minimum of 2 years sales experience in a hotel of similar type property
- Experience in the local market preferred
- Ability to Multi-task
- Proven record of successful Proactive Sales Efforts
- Strong reputation in the business community of the local market
- Marriott Experience preferred
- Extended Stay experience a plus
Implements and directs the property's sales activities in accordance with the Marketing Plan and assigned market segment; coordinates with other departments the service activities related to the sales function to maximize customer satisfaction and overall profitability.
Implements the sales activities within all market segments to achieve budgeted goals:
- Assists in the development of annual sales goals.
- Recommends and takes appropriate action to maximize sales during high and low season
- Assists in the preparation of the budget and ensures assigned area operates within cost constraints.
- Maintains effective plan of correspondence.
- Prepares reports, as requested, to develop a more informative database for improved management decision-making and critical evaluation of work activities.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance coming to his/her attention so prompt corrective action can be taken when appropriate.
Solicits, evaluates, sells, and confirms business to meet overall assigned market segment's budgeted sales and profit margin:
- Qualifies prospective leads as to profitability.
- Develops data and recommends programs to meet at client's needs.
- Negotiates with client to achieve maximum profit while satisfying client needs.
- Contacts customers in-house to promote good will and foster additional business, repeat bookings, and referrals.
- Follows up on progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists and cut-off dates, with the Front Office Management to ensure maximum occupancy on a daily basis.
Coordinates with various departments the activities related to booked business to ensure customer satisfaction and property profit:
- Reviews sales work file of assigned accounts to maintain a proper flow of information within the hotel.
- Conducts and/or attends meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among company employees and to promote maximum morale, productivity and efficiency.
Assists in developing and executes projects for assigned market areas as stated in the hotel Marketing Plan to increase sales volume and profitability:
- Analyzes sales statistics to recommend policy.
- Conducts market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired, etc.
- Develops/executes package plans, special sales activities, promotions, public relations activities and materials, advertising, etc.
- Enhances the property's community image and stays abreast of competition, new developments, and sales methods and techniques in the hospitality industry to maximize profitability.
- Performs all accountabilities in a timely and efficient manner, following established company policy and projecting a favorable image to achieve objectives, public recognition and acceptance.
Participates in solving problems with other departments as required related to business booked on the property:
- Problems of guest room function space conflicts.
- Salvaging of accounts which threaten cancellation.
- Affect compromise between customer needs and property facilities.
- Ensures a clean & professional work environment by continuously monitoring both staff appearance & behavior and cleanliness of the work stations/area.
- Performs Manager on Duty functions as needed.
- Participates in BEAR and other Baywood sponsored community service events.
- Additional duties may be added at any time at the discretion of management.
Consistently models the behavior of a 'Baywood Ambassador' who:
- Maintains a professional image, including personal appearance, verbiage, and body language, at all times.
- Warmly greets both guests and co-workers (using the 10/5, first & last rule) every time they come in contact.
- Actively listens to guests, responding appropriately to their questions and/or concerns. Seeks guidance and/or assistance from others to ensure satisfaction.
- Fosters teamwork by offering assistance to others, as needed.
- Contributes to a safe work environment by following proper safety guidelines in matters of attire, utilizing protective gear, and following safety procedures.
- Continuously monitors the surroundings at work, in order to identify any cleanliness, safety, security, or building upkeep issues. Reports discrepancies to the proper department.
- Recommends other Baywood properties to our guests, when appropriate.
- Makes a genuine effort to identify and seize each golden opportunity to 'WOW the guest!' demonstrating our motto 'It's Better at Baywood!
- Baywood Hotels is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Hotel/Restaurant Management or Marketing. A combination of vocational sales training and/or on-the-job training may substitute for Bachelor's degree.
- Experience: Previous Hotel experience preferred, Previous Hotel Sales Experience prefer
- Certifications: Brand Specific Training preferred, Sale Pro Training
- Ability to communicate effectively in written form and verbally both over the phone and in person
- Ability to learn the current market and analyze STAR report for trends
- Standing/Walking: _50___ % of the time
- Sitting: _50___ % of the time
This company is an equal opportunity employer.