Franchised Assistant Director of Housekeeping
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002N54
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location The Alida, Savannah, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Savannah, Georgia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Tribute Portfolio
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : https://www.thealidahotel.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Makeready. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Alida nostalgic and gracious, industrial yet curated, curious and always custom provides guests with an unrivaled Savannah encounter. Offering a distinct design perspective and unique representation of local artists, makers and thinkers alike, its our time to shine as a host of a city that is affectionately known as the Hostess City of the South, and tap into the curiosity and creativity of both those who reside there and those who visit.
Follow The Alida Hotel on LinkedIn for job fair information coming soon!
Visit www.thealidahotel.com to apply
- This management position assists with leading the Housekeeping team to operational excellence. This position reports to the Director of Housekeeping & Laundry.
- Maintain clear and efficient communication and coordination with the Front Office and other departments of the hotel.
- Schedules the cleaning of the room carpets, upholstery, and draperies as needed, along with deep cleaning projects and window cleaning as necessary.
- Schedules cleaning for lobby area, public restrooms, telephone areas, hallways, entrances, elevators.
- Schedules periodic major cleaning projects including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, elevator doors and tracks.
- Schedules cleaning of all meeting rooms after a completed function.
- Schedules deep cleaning of all meeting rooms on periodic basis including carpet shampooing, cleaning of walls and baseboards, cleaning of windows, etc.
- Inventories cleaning supplies & linen stock to ensure adequate supplies.
- Investigates concerns regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and takes corrective action.
- Provides support to the Director of Housekeeping in all areas of Housekeeping operation, such as staff training, coaching, and also enforces to the hotels standard operating procedures.
- Ensure all meeting room functions are properly set up according to the requests indicated on the meeting room/event function sheets.
- Ensures guest rooms are properly secured and that proper key control procedures are utilized by the housekeeping staff.
- Assist with department functions; Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication to the housekeeping and laundry team.
- Provide supervision and direction for all Housekeeping activities of the hotel to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness and guest satisfaction are maintained.
- Provide clear direction in assigning and instructing housekeeping and laundry staff in details of work.
- Plan, organize, and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with quality assurance standards set by hotel, which requires continuous visual inspection of guest rooms and public space areas including restaurants, lounges, meeting rooms, etc.
- Distribute and delegate work load to guarantee maximum production and guest satisfaction with minimum outlay of expenses in terms of labor and materials. Monitor house count and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Ensure proper usage of chemicals and cleaning supplies by monitoring usage, providing complete training for employees and ensuring proper labeling of hazardous supplies in accordance with hotel hazard communication program.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff.
- Experience with turn down service, special needs of VIP Guests, etc. is helpful.
- Assigns team members their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness.
- Prepares and distributes the Room assignment sheet and floor keys to housekeeping team
Visit www.thealidahotel.com to apply
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to pitch-in and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- 1-2 years previous leadership experience in housekeeping required
- Previous experience managing in-house laundry operations a plus
This company is an equal opportunity employer.