Front Desk Agent - AYS
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MT6
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls. Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, and other requests related to placing or receiving telephone calls. Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly. Log all guest requests or issues into computer, contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Housekeeping), and follow up with guest to ensure their request has been met to their satisfaction. Provide information to guests about room features, property amenities, and local areas of interest. Assist guests with accessing the internet.
Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and support team to reach common goals. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Safety and Security
· Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Policies and Procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP, MYSTIQUE) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
· Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
· Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
Working with Others
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
· Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
· Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
· Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
· Accommodate requests for room changes when possible.
· Operate telephone switchboard station in order to answer telephone calls.
· Process guest requests for wake up calls, screening calls, do not disturb, call forwarding, conference calls, TDD relay calls, and non-registered guest calls.
· Instruct guests on how to access the internet (e.g., dial-up, broadband, wireless).
· Transfer guests with internet access issues to the internet service provider's customer support line.
· Monitor busy or unanswered lines, check back with callers on hold to update status, and offer to take a message.
· Activate and deactivate guest room message lights as appropriate.
· Test beepers and radios to ensure communications equipment works properly.
· Assist callers with credit card, calling card, long distance, collect, overseas, and person to person calls.
· Log all guest requests, incidents, adjustments and comment cards into computer to allow for proper tracking and documentation of guest problems and solution.
· Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
· Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services).
· Answer, record, and process all guest calls, requests, questions, or concerns.
· Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
· Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem.
· Follow up with guests to ensure their requests or problems have been met to their satisfaction.
· Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
· Deliver wake-up calls for guests at requested time.
At Your Service/Delighted to Serve
· Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues.
· Respond to special requests from guests/residents with unique needs.
· Notify Security of any guest reports of theft.