Sep 18, 2018Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott Hotel, London, Greater London VIEW ON MAPBrand
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW MarriottSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
The Conference and Banqueting Porter has to ensure:
• Function rooms are set up on time and according to the specifications laid out by room plans and function sheets;
• All requests for manual handling are carried out efficiently and up to five star standards;
• The highest level of cleanliness is maintained at all times.
Technical Skills - Attention to detail.
Interpersonal Skills and Shift Pattern:
• Excellent approach to customer service;
• Ability to work alone and as part of a team;
• Strong organisational & communication skills;
• Flexibility toward shift patterns as role will also involve night shifts;
• Working hours are dependent on levels of business.
• To adhere to the hotel regulations and procedures;
• To report all equipment malfunctions and maintenance to the Head Porter;
• Be responsive to the customers and business needs and adapt to their fluctuations.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.
• A competitive salary, £8.78 per hour, and benefits package;
• A ground floor opportunity to join a dynamic Events team in an interesting and challenging environment.
Frequented by royalty, celebrities and business leaders since its opening in 1928, the historic Grosvenor House continues its time-honoured tradition for the exceptional style, service and facilities expected from a 5-star luxury hotel in London. Set in Mayfair near museums and landmarks, grand department stores, West End theatres and businesses, this "Grande Dame" of Park Lane offers a quintessentially British experience. With its imposing forecourt graced by the original Lutyens wrought iron gates, striking hotel reception and intimate library, guests are introduced to the approachable elegance that extends throughout richly appointed guest rooms, palatial suites and Executive level rooms to lavish public spaces. Here, dining delights with meticulously prepared and presented cuisine, and an extraordinary afternoon tea.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.