Franchised Director of Food and Beverage
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MPU
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Henry, Autograph Collection, Dearborn, Michigan VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at www.greenwoodhospitality.com/careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Greenwood Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Plan and manage operations of the Food and Beverage departments to achieve customer (guest, employees, corporate and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
Position is responsible for short and long term planning and the management of the Food & Beverage operations in the front and back of the house. Develops and recommends the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans. The major areas of responsibility/management include: Catering Operations, Kitchen, Restaurant(s), Room Service and Lounge(s). Participate in total hotel management as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee.
- Manage the human resources within the division. Direct and oversee recruitment and development of employees; hire, train, empower, coach and counsel, performance and salary reviews, resolve conflict through fair treatment policy, discipline and terminate, as appropriate.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the division's annual budget, business/marketing plan, forecasts and objectives to meet/exceed management expectations.
- Implement and manage all company programs (company/franchise) to ensure compliance with the SOPs; to include safety and sanitary regulation, all federal, state and local regulations to ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guest.
- Market the Food and Beverage outlets; develop and manage the implementation of menus, package deals, promotions, displays, decorations and presentations within corporate guidelines to capture more in-house guests and a larger share of the local market to meet/exceed sales and financial goals and objectives.
- Manage the maintenance/sanitation of the food and beverage areas and equipment in the hotel to protect the asset, comply with regulations and ensure quality service.
- Resolve customer complaints, as appropriate, to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities.
- Must possess highly developed communication skills to negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guest(s), and/or corporate clients.
- Must possess excellent comprehension and hearing skills due to telephone and face-to-face interaction with guests, corporate office and associates.
- Must have excellent vision for administrative responsibilities (i.e., forecast, purchase orders, budget review and invoice approval).
- Must possess excellent speech communications for guest, corporate, vendor and associate interaction, 100% of the work day.
- Must be literate for written guest communication, administrative and Human Resource responsibilities. Requires excellent reading and writing abilities 100% of the work day.
- A four year college degree or interaction education/experience
- Four to five years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
- Various business equipment in order to perform administrative responsibilities
- Inside 90% of the work day.
- Due to responsibility of total operation, specifically sanitation standards, position requires 10% of work day inspecting various walk-in coolers, temperatures ranging as low as 30 degrees.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.