Assistant Director of Finance
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MNJ
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location The Westin Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
The Westin Sydney is an award winning deluxe hotel set in the heart of Sydney's fashion and finance district. Part of the redevelopment of Sydney's historic General Post Office on Martin Place, this luxurious hotel is surrounded by Sydney's most exclusive designer shopping, best restaurants, theatres and nightlife. Uniquely combining Sydney's original General Post Office building with a modern 31-storey tower, the hotel has 416 rooms and suites. The hotels offers impressive event and banquet facilities featuring a highly flexible and sophisticated pillar free hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for a seated event, as well as a Victorian style ballroom and eight smaller function spaces.
An exciting opportunity has become available to join The Westin Sydney team as an Assistant Director of Finance. We are looking for a dynamic and driven applicant who has great attention to detail. In his position you will report in to Director of Finance.
- Ensure smooth finance department operate on daily basis; Supervise AP, AR and income audit functions;
- Liaising with operational department heads in relation to financial matters concerning their department;
- Support the Director of Finance in the development and implementation of consistent finance practices in accordance with applicable Policies and Procedures.
- Prepare and/or review daily, weekly and monthly reports in accordance with reporting calendars, ensure that all reports are submitted on a timely basis.
- Maintenance of the general ledger and preparation of month end reports for the hotel;
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliation, forecasting.
- Review monthly stock take results and FB cost of sales.
- Review weekly accounts payable and approve accordingly;
- Monthly GST reconciliation and other duties on monthly taxation liabilities; Complete GST & Withholding Tax requirements in an accurate and timely manner
- Support Director of Finance on yearly budget;
- Assist the Director of Finance in the preparation of information for the annual audit.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in similar duties in hospitality industry is required;
- CPA, CA qualification is preferred;
- Knowledge In SUN system, vision, Opera & Micros is required.
- Ability to meet deadline in a busy and fast-paced working environment,
- High level of attention to details;
- Great Communication and supervision skills
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 6,100 properties, you'll find us in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.