Franchised Rooms Operations Director
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MNG
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location The Henry, Autograph Collection, Dearborn, Michigan VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - www.greenwoodhospitality.com/careers
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Greenwood Hospitality Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Henry is seeking an energetic and experienced individual to oversee and manage our Front Office and Housekeeping Departments. This individual will be responsible for working with Department Heads to manage day-to-day rooms operations in keeping with Greenwood Hospitality and Marriott/Autograph Collection standards. Directly responsible for guest satisfaction/loyalty and driving continuous improvement processes in each Department and hotel wide. Assesses hotel operational needs, proactively plans and prepares for exceptional guest service, reviews operational excellence requirements with department heads and implements/evaluates programs for continued success. Incumbent will participate in total hotel management activities as a member of the Hotel Executive Committee.
- Reviews forecasts. Directs hotel actions require maximizing profitability, increasing service levels, and improving team member satisfaction.
- Ensures the hotel implementation and compliance of Greenwood Hospitality policies and procedures as well as brand standards.
- Leads executive committee/department heads to ensure overall profit, service, and team member satisfaction goals are met or exceeded.
- Speaks with and responds to guests regarding service challenges.
- Provide leadership, guidance and assistance relating to the annual Budget, including expenses to manage and operate said departments.
- Directs preparation of reports pertaining to the annual hotel Budget and Business Planning process.
- Plans, organizes, chairs, and/or participates in various hotel meetings such as Staff/Leaders, Executive Committee, Departmental, Focus Groups, etc.
- Analyze Department structure as it relates to operational effectiveness.
- Develops skills and abilities of direct reports.
- Assist General Manager in monitoring high potential Ambassadors and ensures their growth as leaders within the company.
- In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions.
- Leads the property operations team
- Participates in and maintains active community relations
- Participates in corporate activities and meetings as requested
- Collaborates with departments to plan and implement All Team Member events
- Conducts hotel inspections with relevant department heads
- Prepares follow up for special projects as necessary
- Hours Required: Forty-Five to Fifty hours over a five-day period; flexible; days and times may vary based on needs of Hotel. Hours based on business volume and needs, most weekends required.
- Positions directly reporting to this position:
- Front Office Manager
- Housekeeping Manager
- Loss Prevention Supervisor
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food & beverage/hospitality profession. This includes the knowledge required for management of people, complex problems and food and beverage management. Must have some culinary training and/or experience in a fine dining establishment.
- Ability to study, analyze and interpret complex activities.
- Must possess highly developed communication skills to negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guest(s), and/or corporate clients.
- Must possess excellent comprehension and hearing skills due to telephone and face-to-face interaction with guests, corporate office and associates.
- Must have excellent vision for administrative responsibilities (i.e., forecast, purchase orders, budget review and invoice approval).
- Must possess excellent speech communications for guest, corporate, vendor and associate interaction, 100% of the work day.
- Must be literate for written guest communication, administrative and Human Resource responsibilities. Requires excellent reading and writing abilities 100% of the work day.
- Limited physical requirements in order to assist various outlets during peak business demands (i.e., banquet room turns, restaurant bussing, etc.).
- Bending/kneeling - as directed above.
- Education/Formal Training
- A four year college degree or interaction education/experience
- Four to five years of employment in a related position with this company or other organization(s)
- Material/Equipment Used
- Various business equipment in order to perform administrative responsibilities
- Inside 90% of the work day.
- Due to responsibility of total operation, specifically sanitation standards, position requires 10% of work day inspecting various walk-in coolers, temperatures ranging as low as 30 degrees
This company is an equal opportunity employer.