Franchised Sales Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MNC
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Detroit Novi Hotel, Novi, Michigan VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : Rich.Felton@sheratondetroitnovi.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Driftwood Hospitality Management. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Job Function Weight
- Job functions describe the substance and most important responsibilities of the job. Totals 90%
- Comprehensive knowledge of market position, banquet and food and beverage revenues, pricing and rate structures, sales strategies, yield management, booking trends, and future hotel planning.
- Be fully knowledgeable of competitive markets outside the area.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the capabilities and limitations of the hotel and departments that may impact sales strategies.
- Follow sales policies and procedures as developed in the annual Marketing Plan.
- Make personal sales calls.
- Conduct site tours for potential clients.
- Attend trade shows.
- Develop creative marketing techniques.
- Achieve and exceed individual and team annual goals as established by the annual Marketing Plan.
- Be fully knowledgeable of the role of rooms merchandising as it pertains to overall revenue and to periodically evaluate, assess, and revise the parameters of the program.
- Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the sales department.
- Maintain and correct procedures for credit control, financial transactions, and security of financial assets.
- Promptly respond to and resolve guest requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner.
- Ability to accurately use various office and accounting software.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of the English language to effectively communicate with guests, associates, and vendors.
- Ability to assist with the design and preparation of statistical reports and presentations as needed.
- Ability to accurately report information.
- Ability to assist with various accounting department tasks as needed.
- Ability to scrupulously follow all Driftwood and hotel policies and procedures.
- Attend required meetings.
- Professionalism and Style Expectations Weight
- These are expected of every associate within Driftwood Hospitality Management, LLC.
- Projects and assignments are completed thoroughly, professionally, and with care.
- Adjusts to high-pressure conditions and is open to change.
- Consistently maintains positive demeanor.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Conducts him\herself (acts and dresses) professionally at all times; sets standards for all associates.
- Understands and communicates the Driftwood Mission.
- Expresses ideas and conveys information clearly, effectively, and professionally.
- Actively listens to others.
- Conveys company information, decision, or problems to appropriate parties on a timely basis.
- Works to resolve disagreements and is respectful of peers and co-workers.
- Additional responsibilities specific to you are:
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel departments and functions.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, and legal regulations.
- Must have exceptional mathematical and computer skills.
- High school education and relevant training and experience required. Additional education preferred.
- Ability to timely obtain any required licenses or certificates.
- CPR training and first aid training preferred.
- Additional language ability preferred.
- Occasional travel required.
- Previous Hotel Sales Experience
- Exceptional Communication and Organization Skills
- Working knowledge of Marriott Software and Programs beneficial
This company is an equal opportunity employer.