Public Relations Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MB4
Job Category Public Relations & Communications
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Budapest, Budapest, Hungary VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for developing and implementing an ongoing media and community relations program to enhance the property's sales and marketing efforts in order to target market and reinforce the company identity. Provides crisis communications assistance to properties. Ensures information to the public and community is displayed correctly and effectively with the best opportunities for providing business. Develops and implements an ongoing, focused media and community relations program.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration, or related major; 4 years experience in public relations, communications, or related professional area.
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Marketing, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in public relations, communications, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Building Brand and Property Awareness to Drive Revenue
• Works collaboratively with local, regional and national resources to build awareness and increase exposure for the property and restaurants.
• Solicits new media outlets and travel media individuals.
• Selects the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
• Uses creative selling abilities to obtain maximum exposure through travel journalists and media outlets.
• Increases awareness within the travel media community as well as coordinating events to gain exposures and grow revenue in the restaurant outlets.
• Maintains website content and updates website with new promotions in order to generate additional revenue.
• Manages the hotel’s social media efforts, if applicable.
• Works with online media outlets to promote the hotel.
• Organizes and conducts all photo shoots for web site content.
• Coordinates offers and information for all publications and inserts with regard to brand loyalty reward mailings.
• Develops brochure and property collateral materials.
• Participates in all property imaging work (e.g., signage).
• Ensures consistent brand and property message is communicated in all public relations and communications efforts.
• Ensures consistency in individual property's voice on all guest touch points and public relations and communications, not only following corporate graphic standards, but also on behalf of the individual property.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new travel writers and local media to ensure future exposure. Activities include calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities and additional revenue.
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Conducts solicitation and maintenance calls to media.
• Develops strong relationships with e-commerce vendors, media, and distribution channels to ensure quality, cost effective creative executions.
• Identifies and communicates with distribution channels that can sell distress inventory to drive property occupancy.
• Provides all communications channels with creative and unique tools to assist in the public relations and communications of the property.
• Acts as liaison between corporate and individual properties in rolling out programs and making sure that properties are taking advantage of all opportunities provided through corporate.
• Assists property in developing promotions for various campaigns.
Developing and Coordinating Communication Efforts
• Provides accurate, complete and effective communications to visiting journalists, publicity or promotions.
• Evaluates new public relations opportunities for the property.
• Develops strategic public relations plan for property, includes group, leisure and local efforts.
• Manages individual and group media visits.
• Identifies and coordinates community service activities in concert with the public image and needs of the resort.
• Provides strategic counsel, issues statements and supports Executive Teams at properties.
• Creates contracts as required for location photo shoots, trade agreements, etc. with appropriate approvals.
• Directs creative print fulfillment; ensures corporate branding standards and legal compliances are met and incorporated into collateral.
• Writes all hotel press releases and other content for print media and electronic media.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels; effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers; continuously strives to improve service performance.
• Conducts site inspections with visiting journalists.
• Keeps detailed files and records on all matters relative to property's public materials.
• Ensures that property is following all corporate public relations guidelines.