Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MAQ
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Start Your Journey With Us
Here’s To Your Journey with JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong.
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong is one of Marriott International’s 30 renowned hotel brands. As the world’s leading Hospitality Company, we offer unmatched opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration.
The JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong located at One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty is currently hiring a Event Manager.
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s finishing each other’s thoughts. Laughing at the same jokes. It’s that moment you feel truly and completely yourself. It’s working with people who treat you like family. At Marriott we know that when you feel at home, you’ll make our guests feel at home. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing and related lodging facilities worldwide. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott. Today, Marriott International has more than 6,100 lodging properties located in the United States and 120other countries and territories.
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, the first JW Marriott brand in Asia is situated in the prestigious Pacific Place complex, offering 602 luxurious guestrooms; 8 superb food & beverage venues; dedicated events and meeting services; and leisure facilities. Named Aon Hewitt Best Employer in Hong Kong in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017, we are looking for people who are passionate about providing exceptional guest service to be part of our dynamic team.
- Prepare all event documentation and coordinate with sales, hotel departments, and customers to ensure consistent, high level service throughout the Pre-Event, Event and Post-Event phases of hotel events;
- Primarily handle complex/important events.
- Ensure a seamless turnover from sales to service back to sales.
- Recognize opportunities to maximize revenue opportunities by up-selling and offering enhancements to create outstanding events.
- Support and act on behalf of Event Manager in his/her absence.
- Is the event planner’s primary contact (following turnover) on property and is responsible for their experience.
- A minimum of 4 years related experience in Event Management, both in handling rooms & catering
- Effective sales skills to up-sell products and services
- Knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, and banquet and event service operations
- Strong customer development and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Strong presentation and platform skills
- Fluent in English, Putonghua & Cantonese