Franchised Executive Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MAJ
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Niagara Falls Marriott on the Falls, Niagara Falls, Ontario VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Canadian Niagara Hotels, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Located on the brink of one of the worlds greatest natural wonders, the Marriott on the Falls Hotel and Conference Centre is minutes away from area attractions, world-class wineries, golf and casinos. With 404 guests rooms and suites, the Marriott on the Falls Hotel offers exceptional guest room accommodations, sumptuous dining options at its on-site Milestones Falls view, savory Cocktails and Tapas in our Great Room Lobby Bar, full-service Starbucks along with 23 private function rooms and boardrooms totaling over 40,000 square feet of meeting space including our 8400 sq. ft. Oakes Grand Ballroom with an additional 2700 sq. ft. foyer and much more. Whether our guests are traveling on business or taking a much needed vacation, our mission is to always exceed the expectations of our guests.
At the Marriott on the Falls, our culinary operations thrive with the commitment of our Associates who demonstrate/support the Marriott core values and culture of putting people first, acting with integrity, serving our world, embracing change and pursuing excellence. We are currently looking for a spirited, charismatic and passionate Executive Chef to lead a service driven culinary team of professionals in our high volume and high quality multi-unit food and beverage establishment. The successful candidate will report to the Area General Manager.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversee the production, operational and sanitation aspects of all culinary and stewarding operations for all Marriott food preparation areas (i.e. Banquets, Restaurants, Room Service, Great Room Bar, Concierge Lounge and Employee Lunch Room).
- Accountable for overseeing the development and implementation of menus for all outlets which includes: pricing, menu costing and ordering of food products with strong emphasis on quality, creativity, presentation and guest expectations.
- With strong emphasis given to Banquets/Events, the successful candidate will be responsible for attending daily Banquet Event meetings, review culinary requirements for upcoming parties and special functions.
- Keep current in industry trends, brand standards and our competitors offerings to improve profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Oversee recruiting, training, coaching and the development of the culinary team.
- Conduct employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Create an atmosphere that fosters teamwork and elicits constructive feedback.
- Ensure training programs for all operations and service standards are in place and tracked.
- Partner with Finance, recommend the budget and ensure food and labour costs are aligned within budget for optimized flow-through.
- Interacting with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Review daily services scores to identify areas of opportunities and implement appropriate changes accordingly.
- Ensuring culinary Marriott brand standards and responsibilities are met.
- Purchasing, receiving and storage of all food items.
- Build relationships with the surrounding colleges culinary programs.
- Understand the local union contract.
- Achieve consistent financial targets by actively managing labour costs and food costs through waste management, portion control and ordering.
- Ensuring high level of food quality and consistency through training and direction to kitchen associates.
- Conducting daily pre shift meetings according to Marriott brand standards.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation.
- College Degree or certification in culinary field/hospitality field preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years management culinary experience with world renowned brand hotel.
- Must be proficient in both a la carte, production cooking and have strong creativity.
- Red Seal certification
- Must be an effective manager, trainer, administrator and team player with strong communication and organizational skills.
- Approachable, open minded and fair.
- Previous working experience in a unionized environment preferred.
- Advanced food safety certified with knowledge of OHSA
- The successful candidate is expected to be a leader in demonstrating service behaviours consistent with the Marriott standards.
- Outstanding attention to detail both personal grooming/appearance and properly identifying guests needs, demeanor, and level of required service attention.
- Excellent communication skill in all aspects: written and verbal.
- Skilled in the use of computers and software programs such as excel and MS office.
- Must be able to work any day of the week and any shift, including holidays and weekends.
Marriott on the Falls is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture, and welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.