Franchised Hotel Operations Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MAG
Job Category Property Leadership
Location Delta Hotels Kingston Waterfront, Kingston, Ontario VIEW ON MAP
Brand Delta Hotels and Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Diamond Hotels Canada Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Reporting to the General Manager, we are looking for an inspired leader with a passion for hospitality and customer service who will oversee hotel operations to ensure a safe and comfortable environment for our guests to enjoy and in which our associates can excel. You will direct and coordinate the Food & Beverage and Rooms Division operations in conjunction with the General Manager to meet the daily needs of the hotel, including but not limited to maximizing financial performance, guest satisfaction, and associate development with established brand standards. Your primary focus will be on Guest Service and Food & Beverage but also to manage other aspects of the hotel in the absence of the General Manager.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Oversee the effective operation of all departments in the absence of the General Manager and ensure that all brand standards are being met and maintained
- Promote the Marriott culture and lead the team in the development and implementation of the brand service strategy and brand initiatives. Ensure compliance related to Brand Standards Audit.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the operations team and other hotel departments to ensure guest expectations are always exceeded and hotel operations are always effectively executed.
- Be present and visible during peak periods to connect and engage with our guests as they arrive for check-in at the hotel or dinner at AquaTerra
- Oversee and coordinate with GM to ensure that all functions in Food & Beverage meet the service and quality & brand standards of the hotel and local community
- Work collaboratively with operations team to create and execute innovative strategies that will drive the hotel to exceed guest satisfaction and revenues
- Ensure that operations staff, including managers and supervisors are properly trained and able to effectively carry out the operations of each department
- Carry out regular reviews with all relevant employees in accordance with company guidelines
- Develop, implement, and manage a liquor control system
- Develop, promote and analyze special events in F&B outlets (special holidays, local events, beer/wine tastings, wine dinners, etc.)
- Demonstrate and communicate key drivers of guest satisfaction according to brand standards
- Walk the property to observe guest experiences, product delivery, and staff interactions to ensure brand standards of service are consistently being met and the expectations of our target guests (hotel and AquaTerra) are met and exceeded
- Ensure that guest problems and complaints are handled effectively and efficiently
- Analyze service issues and trends and develop strategies to address and reduce
- Ensure guest satisfaction results are shared with associates
- Work collaboratively with Front of House management team to ensure labour and other operational costs are within budget. Make suggestions for corrective actions
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel features and services, room types, rates, special packages and promotions, in-house group activities, VIPs, special requests
- Create and maintain a collaborative, respectful working environment where staff are respectful, supportive, provided the proper tools/training to do their jobs, and treated fairly
- Be the face of AquaTerra through individual and product development in the community
- Engage in and drive positive social media presence
The above areas of responsibility are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work to be performed. They are not all inclusive and may be amended from time to time.
- At least 3 years of effective hotel operations management experience in a full-service property
- Completion of a 2-year community college diploma in a related field or equivalent
- Experience working with a Marriott Brand a definite asset and preferred
- Strong knowledge of high end restaurant operations
- Strong wine knowledge, experience in wine list and menu development
- Energetic, outgoing and driven to provide outstanding guest service
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of associates, management, and guests
- Excellent organizational, computer (MS Office proficiency), analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adaptable leadership style to allow you to engage and motivate the team to achieve objectives
- Flexibility to work mainly afternoons/evenings and weekends to ensure proper coverage in the absence of the General Manager
This company is an equal opportunity employer.