Franchised Sous Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MAF
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Casa Monica Resort & Spa, Autograph Collection, St. Augustine, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please Apply Online at: http://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GRANDPERFORMER&cws=4&rid=5391
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Kessler Enterprise, Inc. IV. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The overall objective and purpose of the Sous Chef position is to oversee the daily operations of the culinary department under the direction of the Executive Chef. This includes overseeing the culinary operation of the restaurant, room service and catering. The incumbent is accountable for maintaining profitability and quality control as well as ensuring compliance with the Company policies and standard operating procedures. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the culinary department in support of the mission, core values, standards and goals established by the company.
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains a file of recipes, including ingredients, portions, and directions for preparation and presentation of each dish.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing menus, recipes cards and specifications according to the Kessler SOPs.
- Set Standards and methods for portion control for each dish on the menu, with the perceived value factor in mind.
- Ensures all recipes are followed exactly and consistently.
- Assumes responsibility for kitchen in absence of Executive Chef.
- Monitors inventory on a daily basis to ensure proper levels and quality
- Manage food and labor costs within budgeted guidelines.
- Arranges training of staff on the proper use and cleaning of equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Assist with organizing kitchen meetings at least once a month.
- Participates in Grand Performer performance appraisals and progressive discipline as required.
- Assist Executive Chef with developing and coaching staff.
- Participates and attends manager meetings and all other mandatory meetings.
- Maintains the kitchen cleanliness and organization standards.
- Completes daily walkthroughs of kitchen area.
- Assist the Executive Chef in tracking food costs and completing monthly inventory.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Effectively motivate associates and maintain a cohesive team
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Ability to work with and understand financial information, data and basic arithmetic functions
- Ability to maintain and build relationships with existing and potential clients as well as industry contacts
- Ability to prepare wide range of culinary offerings
Education, Certifications, Work Experience:
- Culinary degree or related training equivalent in the Hospitality/Restaurant Industry - required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - preferred
- Food Safety Manager Certification - preferred or attained within 30 days
This company is an equal opportunity employer.