Franchised Housekeeping Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MAD
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, Burbank, California VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at : www.spirehotels.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Spire Hospitality. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
To ensure that staff of the housekeeping department cleans and maintains guest rooms and public spaces in accordance with client/guest expectations and standards of product and service.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Oversees staff of Housekeeping Supervisors, House-Persons, and Room Attendants by conducting daily and monthly meetings, inspecting staff work and giving guidance so that deficiencies are corrected and standards are met.
- Interviews, hires and trains room attendants in the procedures and techniques. Training includes detailed instruction on use of chemicals for different surfaces and procedures to report repairs to engineering.
- Arranges staff work schedules, determining days off, insuring staffing levels are based on occupancy and/or any current or anticipated projects. Submits payroll records, correcting errors to ensure pay is on time.
- Maintains and reviews computerized records for budgeting and forecasting of department expenses as well as inspection scores for housekeepers.
- Maintains inventories of amenities, chemical and other supplies to ensure items are in stock and reorders in timely manner.
- Coaches, counsels and disciplines staff, when appropriate, to ensure standards are met and assigns staff to additional training when needed.
- Reviews current standards and introduces hotel-wide changes such as those affecting amenity set-ups to ensure hotel is in compliance.
- Coordinates with laundry to ensure room linen is picked up and delivered to meet guest room needs.
- Consults with outside contractors regarding rehabbing or general maintenance of public and guest room areas.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to read and write basic English in order to complete necessary reports and understand information from hotel, regional or corporate offices.
- Ability to communicate effectively and pleasantly with guests and staff as is necessary to effectively run the department.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members complete their individual tasks if situation demands.
Bachelors degree preferred or any other combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Licenses or certificates:
Ability to obtain any government required licenses or certificates.
Training and Experience:
Minimum two years supervisory experience in hotel industry. Previous hotel experience in rooms division preferably.in hotels.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.