Franchised Director of Sales and Marketing
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MA6
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott Orlando Downtown, Orlando, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, United Capital Corp.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We have transformed this hotel with a complete renovation and re-opened as the dazzling Marriott Orlando Downtown, conveniently located adjacent to the downtown UCF campus and nestled in the future Creative Village. We are looking for a Director of Sales and Marketing for our hotel that features 297 redesigned guest rooms and 15,992 square feet of sophisticated meeting accommodations.
The person we seek will lead strategic direction, management and top-line revenues, working directly with the General Manager in creating a clear and credible vision for the hotel. Implement and manage the hotel sales and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local marketplace. Understands the Orlando Market mix and aligns human resources, structures and systems to achieve strategic goals and maximize revenues.
The Director of Sales and Marketing also should work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximize REVPAR and grow market share. They will also oversee the Event Planning phase of all hotel events by leading the Event Team.
- Work to develop the sales group and groom a high-performing sales team.
- Manage hotel plans to ensure they accurately interpret and support the objectives the business and use these plans to focus the efforts for all market segments.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to identify and drive focused activities on elements the business that requires additional support.
- Achieve a Positive Balanced Scorecard for all aspects of Sales, Marketing, Event Planning and Assisting with Revenue Management.
- Will have an active role in achieving both team and individual goals on Group Room Nights and Catering Revenue.
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Review and approves any special corporate negotiated rates by signing the CRVG (Company Volume guaranteed rate)contract.
- Develop the group team through leadership and by example to include development; participate in the hiring team members, and their future success.Direct and manage the forecasting process in conjunction with the Revenue Department to insure accurate, timely and complete information.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation reports pertaining to the operation the Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Lead Management System, and Booking Reports.
- Actively participate and complete the preparation the annual Plan, Quarterly Updates, and the Hotels' Annual Budgets. Execute initiatives as outlined; swiftly implement strategies/tactics to offset changes in markets, economy or driven by the competitive set. Organize and/or attend scheduled group and related meetings.
- Contribute to the development company initiatives by recommending, implementing and monitoring appropriate local activity.
- Organize comprehensive information describing the range products and services offered by the hotel and deliver this information through relevant resources and channels to existing and potential Guests.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs the hotel and the management company.
- Prepare and present, on a monthly basis, the contribution, focus and activity the proactive team to the hotel owners and senior management team.
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly Reservations and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional Guest Experience and build strong, comprehensive programs.
- Contribute to relevant management meetings to develop and implement initiatives.
- Makes outside sales calls, conducts site inspections, entertains clients, and attends tradeshows and sales missions associated with applicable assigned market segment.
- Actively participates in forecasting, strategy meetings & discussions and annual budget process.
- Assist property in maximizing use of all company, brand and local CVB programs.
- Participates in pre-con and post-con meetings at hotel.
- Participates in solving problems with other department as required related to business booked in the hotel including space conflicts, threatened cancellations, and compromises between customer needs and hotel facilities.
- Determines, communicates, and monitors achievement of standards of performance on a timely basis.
- Must be flexible in all market segments to maximize revenues. These include, and are not limited to: Group Sales, Leisure Sales, Business Travel, and Catering Sales.
- Have prior working experience of the following Marriott Systems -SFAweb, CI/TY, MRDW, MARRFP and other pertinent systems required to perform the job.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- 5 - 6 Years Sales and Marketing Experience.
- Minimum 3 Years in a Senior Sales and Director of Sales position.
- Previous Hotel Director of Sales experience desired.
- Local Applicants with Marriott and Orlando Market Experience are preferred.
- Must have Knowledge of Marriott's SFA and CI/TY, MRDW and One Yield Systems.
- Prior Revenue Management Leadership Experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Marriott Orlando Downtown is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. M/F/V/D
This company is an equal opportunity employer.