Franchised Director of Catering Sales
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002MA2
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Renaissance Boston Patriot Place Hotel, Foxborough, Massachusetts VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at: http://smrtr.io/L4b9
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Colwen Management, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Renaissance Hotel at Patriot Place Foxboro is seeking an experienced and passionate Director of Catering Sales to join the opening team. The ideal candidate will have a dynamic selling background in catering sales, and be results driven. This role will lead and direct the caterring sales efforts, developing and growing business through direct sales, marketing and cold calls. If you are looking for an opportunity to join an incredible organization, future growth, and to experience the excitement of opening a brand new hotel, we want to hear from you!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead catering sales efforts of the hotel with Director of Sales and General Manager, including but not limited to setting up event menus, pricing, hiring and training.
- Work closely with sales teams and Hotel General Managers at assigned hotels to assist in capturing catering business in all segments including corporate transient business
- Assist in the training and support all sales associates and ensure performance in accordance with established hotel brand/Colwen sales standards
- Have general knowledge of Colwen banquet food service standards and techniques
- Ensure knowledge of and adherence to standards by the banquet team to achieve optimal sales service and client retention
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure ability to forecast revenue opportunities and create proactive strategies
- Establish individual sales plans and goals for corporate and social catering events
- Monitor and analyze product of top accounts and evaluate trends in market.
- Independently solicit and book business
- Negotiate food and beverage pricing, meeting room rental, and other services
- Assist client in menu planning; coordinate food, beverage, room set up, and other services as requested by client
- Detail banquet order details, process client invoices (where applicable)
- Compile sales reports as required in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all activity/transactions
- Participate in local networking organizations, community, and industry events while representing Colwen Hotels in a professional manner
- 4+ years successful experience in proactive sales & catering
- Ability to effectively close business
- Previous Director of Catering experience is a must
- Strong Leader of people
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficient in English language
- Excellent writing skills (grammar/punctuation/spelling)
- Experience in multi-cultural social events
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
- Familiar with common computer software programs (Microsoft Office)
- Must be willing to work varied hours
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Colwen Hotels offers a comprehensive rewards and compensation package for eligible associates that includes:
- Opportunities for advancement and career growth
- Warm and supportive work environment
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-funded Health Reimbursement Account
- Flex Spending Account
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- 401(k) retirement plan with Employer Match after one year of employment
- Paid Time off Programs
- Holiday Pay
- Jury Duty Leave and Bereavement Leave
- Hotel Discounts
- Colwen Hotels is an equal opportunity employer. EEO M/F/D/V
This company is an equal opportunity employer.