Franchised Guest Service Agent
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002M9V
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Courtyard Alexandria Pentagon South, Alexandria, Virginia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Courtyard by Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at https://careers-hhmlp.icims.com/jobs/19425/guest-service-agent--driver/job
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Hersha Hospitality Management Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.Please apply online at . The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Greet, register and service guests in a friendly and courteous manner according to hotel/brand and sustainability standards. This position will may also include driving a hotel shuttle van within the local area.
- Immediately greet guest and offer to assist with their needs.
- Register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Establish method of payment and verify credit.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or PMS system.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely manner.
- Receive and resolve guest complaints, elevating to supervisor if necessary.
- Secure guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit boxes, if not available in guest rooms.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting audits.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHMs EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Assist in the breakfast area or assist guests with luggage when staffing assistance is required or during peak periods.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Previous customer service experience or equivalent training required.
- Knowledge of PMS systems preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required, along with a driving record that meets the requirements of our insurance carrier.
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching; stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.