Sous Chef - Cold Kitchen
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002JQW
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
The Westin Dubai Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina Peaceful retreat settled on Jumeirah Beach, the resort offers the perfect destination for the entire family to unwind and recharge with a breath-taking array of recreation activities, and close proximity to major Dubai local attractions. Featuring exceptional views over the Arabian Gulf, our impressive neoclassical architecture fills our five-star luxury beach resort in Dubai with charm and inspiration.
The Kitchen Department manages all aspects of the food production including hygiene and safety. It also ensures that guests are provided with an excellent and bespoke culinary experience
Job responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Oversees the work of the cold kitchen staff.
· Takes instruction from the Chef de Cusisine.
· Helps maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen cleaning up spills and other potential hazards immediately.
· Assists with training of newly hired kitchen staff.
· Makes sure adequate numbers of kitchen staff are scheduled to properly handle each service or operation.
· Participates in employee evaluations and necessary disciplinary actions.
· Meets with potential clients to discuss menu options.
· Develops menus based on client specifications and contracts.
· Places orders for recipe ingredients including meats, fresh fruits and produce, herbs, spices and other supplies.
· Supervises junior cooks and other members of the kitchen staff.
· Ensures that all standards of safety are strictly observed.
· Presents the finished product to the customer for approval.
· Monitors the quality of the banquet meal during the event.
· Evaluates client satisfaction.
· Looks for ways to save the facility money while still providing top quality products and services for clients.
To move into this position you should have
· Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal.
· Must have excellent verbal communication and leadership skills.
· Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation.
· Must be detail oriented.
· Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
· Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure.
· Must have adequate upper body strength for heavy lifting and strong back and leg muscles for hours of standing, bending and walking around.