Franchised Engineer 1
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002J9S
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Epicurean Hotel, Autograph Collection, Tampa, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Mainsail Lodging & Development. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Engineer I position is responsible for assisting with the operation, maintenance, service and repair of equipment as assigned. He/she is also responsible for participating in the preventative maintenance program, handling guest requests and other work orders as assigned. He/she is also responsible for performing the job in a safe and efficient manner and performing trade jobs, such as carpentry, painting, light A/C repairs, minor electrical repairs, minor plumbing and drywall repairs as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Experience in Hotel building systems or a hospitality related Maintenance field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed in a trade(s) preferred but not required (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, A/C, etc.).
- Must have a valid drivers license for the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have adequate knowledge of computer and tech related equipment I.E. (hotel locking systems, telephone, television, internet, energy management and lighting systems)
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying the issues raised by Managers, staff members and guests.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work unsupervised.
- Availability must be flexible to work Weekends and or Holidays, days or night shifts based upon business needs.
- Must possess and display outstanding personal and professional integrity at all times
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
- Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues.
- Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines.
- Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for building.
- Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
- Communicate each days activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards.
- Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, electronic systems and controls, fire alarm systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building.
- Perform all surface preparation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean-up of the painting or repair area.
- Clean up tools, equipment and supplies and return them to the area they are stored properly and effectively.
- Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items.
- Perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties as needed, preservation of resources, assets, supplies and physical property at all times.
- Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
- Actively engage and promote safety and safe work practices, interdepartmentally and hotel wide.
- Display basic computer skills, program TV's, door locks, repair and replace door locks, understand telephone systems, lighting systems, operate smart phone and related tracking programs, and be adept and able to assist with any of the before mentioned items.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and always thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Adhere to quality expectations and standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.