Franchised Housekeeping Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002J7K
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location SpringHill Suites Miami Doral, Miami, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand SpringHill Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Apexx Management Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
As a Hotel Housekeeping Manager, you will direct and work with your staff to ensure property guestrooms, public spaces, and employee areas are clean and well maintained. Your areas of operation will be Housekeeping, Gym, and Laundry (if applicable). You will complete inspections and hold people accountable for their assigned tasks, delivering corrective actions if needed.
Additional responsibilities of the Housekeeping Manager include:
- Ensuring guest room status is communicated to the Front Desk in a timely and efficient manner
- Obtaining a list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and a list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments
- Supervising daily shift operations and ensuring compliance with all housekeeping policies, standards, and procedures
- Ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget
- Participating in departmental meetings and continually communicating a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals in order to produce desired results
- Scheduling employees depending on business demands and tracking employee time and attendance
- Supervising staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs, and financial objectives are met
- Participating in employee progressive discipline procedures
- Administering property policies fairly and consistently, and completing disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs)
Additional requirements for the Hotel Housekeeping Manager include:
- High school diploma or GED; 2 years of experience in the housekeeping or related professional area
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; no work experience required
- Ability to manage / supervise a staff
- Ability to work as part of a team and complete tasks individually
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
This company is an equal opportunity employer.