Sep 06, 2018Job Number
Rooms and Guest Services OperationsLocation
The St. Regis Singapore, Singapore, Singapore VIEW ON MAPBrand
St. Regis Hotels & ResortsSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
The St. Regis brand first established luxury hospitality more than 110 years ago, with the opening of the St. Regis New York. From the moment John Jacob Astor IV opened the doors of his Beaux-Arts masterpiece on New York’s Fifth Avenue, St. Regis has stood as a symbol of uncompromising elegance and bespoke service. Today, with more than 40 of the best addresses around the world, St. Regis is a place where trends are born, boundaries are broken and guests can simply live exquisite. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis.
Reports directly to the Director of Rooms and will be responsible to manage Butlers and Butler Service Desk ; ensuring that the highest levels of hospitality and service are provided. Represents property management in resolving any guest or property related situation.
Education and Experience
Degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; with at least 6 years' of relevant working experience, preferably with a luxury brand.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Leading the Butler Teams
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and managing employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Supervises Butlers and Butler Service Desk and maintaining the goals and expectations.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and ensures that all uniformed employees are properly attired and groomed, each wearing a nametag.
• Assists with energy conservation efforts by monitoring compliance during property tours. Managing Projects and Policies
• Implements the customer recognition/service program, communicating and ensuring the process.
• Conducts regular inspection tours of the entire facility for appearance, safety, staffing, security, and maintenance.
• Sends copy of MOD report to all departments on a daily basis.
• Ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Understands and can implement all emergency plans including accident, death, elevator, thefts, vicious crimes, bombs, fire, etc.
• Understands and complies with loss prevention policies and procedures. Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Intervenes in any guest/employee situation as needed to insure the integrity of the property is maintained, guest satisfaction is achieved, and employee well being is preserved.
• Serves as a leader in displaying outstanding hospitality skills.
• In charge of the application and improvement of Quality Assurance Program/ Brand Standards
• Ensure action plans and guidance to improve the guest experience through Guest Voice components.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Providing guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updating the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Communicates any variations to the established norms to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
• Maintains a strong working relationship with all departments to support property operations and goals and to expedite the resolution of any problems that may arise through the general operation of the property.
• Participates as needed in the investigation of employee and guest accidents.
• Performs Front Desk duties in high demand times.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.