Franchised Front Office Supervisor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002J70
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Epicurean Hotel, Autograph Collection, Tampa, Florida VIEW ON MAP
Brand Autograph Collection Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail - email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Mainsail Lodging & Development. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
The Front Office Supervisor will be responsible for supervising front office staff and implementing and supporting aggressive hospitality practices. Assist staff with expediting problem payments (e.g., problems processing credit card). Follow up with guest regarding satisfaction with guest-related issues. Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp). Anticipate sold-out situations and obtain satisfactory alternative accommodations when the property cannot accommodate guests with reservations. Block rooms in the computer and identify designated requirements and requests. Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Engineering, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications. Assist management in training, motivating, and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Anticipate and address guests' service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- excel in Opera PMS system Learn & excel in Opera PMS system
- Assist in managing & motivating front desk personnel
- Assist with guest luggage
- Provide room quotes and upsell to guest when possible
- Ability to interact with guests and share hotel knowledge using personalization such as using the guest name
- Responsible to know all functions to showcase the hotel to each guest
- Maintain guest confidentiality
- Maintain knowledge of hotel and brand rewards
- Provide local information for shopping, dining, nightlife, and recreational destinations
- Receive, store, and deliver luggage and mail
- Make travel arrangements for guests to include sightseeing and other tours
- Assist with coordination between Housekeeping and Front Desk
- Verify charges / collect payment from guests for room stays
- Respond to guest inquiries
- Follow scheduled shifts and follow break and lunch requirements
- Report any suspicious activity or unusual items in room
- Report any irregular behavior from guests in public areas and or in room
- Ability to take initiative and handle assignments with limited supervision
- Follow all hotel policies and procedures as outlined in the team member handbook
- Maintain cleanliness and order of work area
- Hotel Performance
- Ensure successful performance assisting guests with an exceptional experience to ensure high performing scores on the GSS according to Marriott.
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or higher
- Previous hospitality experience preferred
- Excellent phone & customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use technology e.g. tablets, iPads
- Make sound judgments quickly
- Work on multiple tasks, making appropriate progress towards deadlines
- Able to work independently, take direction, and provide direction to others
- Manage differing personalities within the office, the hotel, and the community
- Maintain the highest degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively in stressful, high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively handle challenges in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
This company is an equal opportunity employer.