Chef Garde Manger
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002IU8
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Exhibits creative and decorating talents by personally preparing cold food items while leading the staff in preparing quality and consistent products for all areas. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Develops and trains team to improve results while maintaining standards. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
• Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas, relationships, systems, or products, including artistic contributions.
• Assists in menu development for cold items.
• Manages all cold food preparation areas including banquets, room service, restaurant, employee cafeteria and lounges.
• Demonstrates knowledge of food safety and sanitation standards.
• Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays.
Managing Culinary Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
• Interacts with Purchases Manager and culinary employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing requests to required specifications.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
• Meets goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Plans, prioritizes, organizes, and accomplishes work.
• Maintains sanitation levels, food quality, and guest satisfaction.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
Supporting Developmentally-Related Human Resource Activities
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Trains and develops hourly employees.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.