Franchised Stewarding Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002IQX
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Point Clear-The Grand (F), Point Clear, Alabama VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply online at - www.pchresortscareers.com/applynow
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, PCH Hotels and Resorts, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Manages the day to day kitchen utility operations and staff. Position is typically found in a large hotel. Sales volume, culinary category, number of meals served and complexity of the operation determine level of responsibility and scope of position. Supervises dishroom operations; night cleaning; back dock cleaning and maintenance; and banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen associates not actively engaged in cooking, e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers. Works with the Food and Beverage management team and associates to continually improve guest and associate satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. As an assistant department head, uses leadership skills to manage other managers.
- Knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards
- Knowledge of basic sanitation controls and purpose and use of cleaning supplies
- Knowledge of health laws; American Sanitation Institute (A.S.I.) standards-Serve Safe or Steritech, food handling standards, & safety and sanitation audits
- Understanding of use and maintenance of kitchen dishroom equipment
- Understanding of Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, Room Service and Catering operational procedures
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Financial management skills e.g., ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors
- Knowledge of overall hotel operations as they affect kitchen and related areas
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively manage labor productivity
- Good presentation and platform skills
- Good communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to use standard software applications and hotel systems
- Effective influence skills
- Strong consensus building skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Effective conflict management skills
- Effective change management skills
- Strong customer and associate relation skills
This company is an equal opportunity employer.