Franchised Executive Chef
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002IOH
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Four Points by Sheraton Victoria Gateway, Victoria, British Columbia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Four Points
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, WeStar Holdings Ltd.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Responsibilities and Duties
Leading Kitchen Operations for Property
- Leads kitchen management team
- Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Setting and Maintaining Goals for Culinary Function and Activities.
- Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
- Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Knows and implements the brand's safety standards.
- Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
Provides direction for menu development.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or function
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters.
- Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.