Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002FUG
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Manila Marriott Hotel, Manila, Philippines VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Responsible for the implementation of all special projects of the hotel, including in-house initiated projects in accordance with the approved plans and specifications, project duration and budget.
In charge of the preparation of schedules, designs, plans and cost estimates of all projects of the hotel, and of the maintenance of buildings, guestrooms and public areas. This encompasses all works pertaining to painting, carpentry/woodworks, masonry, upholstery and metal works, construction, renovation, etc.
Supervises the contractor/s during project undertaking. Works closely with the Assistant Chief Engineer / Assistant Director of Engineering and Director of Engineering to carry out other responsibilities assigned to him in accordance with the established maintenance program and operation schedule to perform a smooth operation of the Engineering Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the day-to-day operational efficiency of the department.
- Allocates work schedule, manpower and equipment for maintenance and repair.
- Ensures the efficient, economical and sound operation of equipment under his jurisdiction.
- Ensures immediate provision of services necessary to guests and other operating departments.
- Keeps updates of daily events especially on Banquets and Guestroom status, giving emphasis to VIP's.
- Ensures coordination with other operating departments in the implementation of repair and maintenance schedule.
- Performs daily rounds of inspection in the entire building, giving particular attention to defective or deficient life safety features and observes closely the condition of all operating facilities and equipment. Specific attention must be placed so as not to omit areas of difficult access.
- Ensures that all standby units are readily available for operation.
- Conducts daily briefings of his associates with special emphasis on the Basic of the Day and events of the day.
- Reports immediately to his superior all defects and deficiencies noticed during inspection and commences the immediate rectification without delay.
- Ensures that there is no backlog in repair and maintenance activities scheduled within the day.
- Controls effective daily consumption and materials utilization.
- Reports the completion of all projects and work assignments.
- Keeps himself updated on all projects or activity status within the department.
- Inspects finished jobs and ensure that the quality is highly acceptable to the hotel standards.
- Ensures close supervision to staff especially in the implementation of special jobs during evening and overnight shifts.
- Maintains logbook of activities with accurate time and details.
- Ensures daily inspection of all fire fighting and safety equipment.
- Sees to it that all his associates attend to and execute all the complaints, calls and job requests from other departments pertaining to his area of concern.
- Implements preventive maintenance programs, energy conservation programs, safety programs, environmental and pollution control programs of the hotel.
- Keeps a close watch on spare parts/supplies required and advises the Assistant Chief Engineer beforehand to reorder in order to have at anytime the expected replacement parts/supplies at hand. Submits monthly audit report of supplies/equipment.
- Submits weekly accomplishment reports, and monthly reports of the status of all equipment under his area of concern.
- Observes all safety measures and work procedures in all the work assigned to his trades and contractors.
- Ensures that all assigned works to his staff are completed according to schedule and priority.
- Responds immediately to any emergency call and acts as a Fire Fighting Team Leader in the event of fire or other emergencies.
- Coordinates with other supervisors as far as materials requisition and stock level of spare parts are concerned.
- Responds and makes himself available for any call by his superiors during emergencies, troubles or calamities. Stays in the hotel as standby force to aid in emergencies.
- Follows all other instructions, rules and regulations that may be issued.
- Performs any other work and related functions as may be assigned by his superior to accomplish a smooth operation and maintenance of the hotel.
- Implements strictly and effectively the preventive maintenance of guestrooms, function rooms, restaurant, kitchens, offices and other public area facilities and back of the house.
- Establishes effective Preventive Maintenance System of all Civil Works Facilities through effective scheduling and strict compliance of standards in the implementation.
- Keeps himself updated and knowledgeable on the Mechanical, Electrical, Fire, and Building Codes of the Philippines and other government regulations.
- Keeps himself updated on the new and advance technical developments.
- Organizes storeroom, facilitate issuance, and ensures proper recording of all incoming and out-going tools, equipment and materials.
- In charge of equipment listing, spare parts listing, materials and tools handling, inventory and re-ordering of spare parts.
- Implements approved in-house and major projects.
-Responds and makes himself available for any call by his superiors during emergencies, troubles or calamities. Stay in the hotel as standby force to aid in emergencies.
- Reports to the Assistant Chief Engineer and the Director of Engineering any abnormal conditions noticed at any time with life safety-related equipment or installations.
- Ensures safety, orderliness and cleanliness in the workplace.
- Ensures daily inspection of fire fighting and safety equipment.
- Acts as a Fire Fighting Team Leader in the event of fire or other emergencies.
- Supervises the punctual attendance of all Engineering general associates.
- Shows good abilities in personnel management of his subordinates.
- Allocates work accordingly.
- Ensures punctual attendance at work of all engineering staff.
- Administers duty rosters and work shifts.
- Participates actively in the creation of an efficient and professional Engineering team.
- Orients the staff and actively promotes care and commitment to service, brotherhood and sense of belonging, flexibility and the objective of the hotel.
- Provides supervision and training to key associates.
- Ensures staff compliance of the house rules especially on proper grooming, wearing of correct and complete uniform and wearing of name tags at all times.
- Demonstrates good leadership skills and motivation of subordinates.
- Provides supervision and training of associates.
- Supervise strict adherence to safety rules by all general associates.
- Ensures high standard of job or work quality of all Engineering general associates with respect to their job knowledge and skills.
- Resolves effectively and immediately all problems referred.
- Performs duties of the Assistant Chief Engineer or duties common to all section supervisors as may be assigned.
- Attends Engineering operational meetings regularly.
- Submits reports on work accomplishments weekly.
- Performs duties outside the scope of his position that may be assigned especially in case of emergency, if so called upon.
- Ensures cleanliness and orderliness of the workplace and other areas of responsibility.
1. Competencies (skills & knowledge required for the job): has good knowledge in building maintenance, i.e. painting/varnishing, carpentry, plumbing, upholstery knowledge in computer operation and building management system is desirable; able to organize a team harmoniously and to build a professional Engineering Team; cooperative, can harmoniously work with peers
2. Experience: at least 3 years supervisory experience and 5 years exposure in civil works
3. Language: fluent in oral and written English
4. Education: at least with a course in Civil Engineering, or an Architecture graduate
5. Professional Certification/License: Civil Engineer/Architect