Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002FHI
Job Category Information Technology
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With over 6000 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 122 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.
Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central is part of the Marriot International family which located on the Cotai Strip. The World’s largest Sheraton’s with 4,001 guest rooms and suites. The hotel’s two stunning towers included seven restaurants and lounges, over 9,000 sqm meeting space, fitness center, spa and three outdoor swimming pools.
Systems Management - To supervise and provide oversight of the technical team and management of the systems environment including the measurement of systems performance, planning, design, implementation, maintenance, research and recommendation of projects to provide proactive maintenance and improvements to systems ensuring secure, optimum performance consistent with the business direction of group. Assists in the planning, design, documentation, and implementation of various infrastructures, including backend system services such as Active Directory, Messaging, Storage, backup and recovery. Manage and support day-to-day operations of the group server side infrastructure, including server administration, operations and support. Monitors and coordinates the distribution of client/server software and service packs.
System Change Requests - To approve and prioritize system change requests of all complexity levels by reviewing carrying out tasks as required during the full lifecycle of a system change request resulting in process improvements as required. Work with various IT teams including Service Desk, Application, and others teams to co-ordinate and implement new backend systems and services. Manage and handle server side support by coordinating and working with business users, internal teams and 3rd-parties vendors. Assist in the organization and inventory of all server hardware and software resources. Assist in managing regular backup of all systems, including offsite storage of backup media. Assist in managing vendor for continual services improvement, especially on operations and preventive and hardware maintenance services. Assist in interfacing with the other key IT teams including governance, business continuity and disaster recovery team – to provide solutions and support for Disaster Recovery, Emergency Planning and Information Security. Creates, updates and maintains good technical documentation.
It is not the intention of this Position description to provide an exhaustive list of job duties. It provides a focal point to the incumbent in the hope that they will develop the job further. From time to time and in line with managerial priorities, it is expected that the incumbent will work as and where directed by management and in line with improving customer service.
- Expert level on technical background and abilities including experience with current Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Active Directory
- Demonstrated success in effective delivery of customer service with a commitment to working closely with other members of the IT team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner under pressures of time and schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently communicate with guest and staff so that instructions are clearly presented consistently understood and feature excellent oral and written communication techniques.
- Flexibility regarding work schedule to meet position needs outside of regular business hours.
- Listens, comprehends and understands end-user needs and uses experience to react accordingly.
- Ability and motivation to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal support and guidance.
- University degree in the field of computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in Cisco and Microsoft technologies highly desirable
- ITIL certifications are desirable
- At least 4 years experience in system support, evaluation, installation and IT administration with progressive and sustained increase in knowledge and responsibility. Sound knowledge of Hotel systems and procedures experience will be advantages but not a must.