Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002DS3
Job Category Housekeeping & Laundry
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, No. 5 Cotai Strip, Macao S.A.R., Macao, Macao S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Inspect guest rooms, floor public areas, back of the house work area. Prepare room assignment for room attendants in E-Housekeeping & M-Housekeeping, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms. Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry. Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Safety and security, guest relations, assists management, quality assurance/quality improvement, housekeeping protocol and housekeeping quality control are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties
- Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements
- Ensure employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job
- Listen to employees' suggestions for improving how work is done and how guests are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Contact Engineering or Housekeeping office directly for urgent repairs
- Use checklists to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each assigned area meets designated standards
- Inspect guest rooms after being cleaned by Housekeeper to ensure quality standards are met
Minimum Job requirements:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent / Bachelor Degree
- At least 2 year of related work experience
- At least 2 year of supervisory experience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.