Jan 30, 2019Job Number
Food and Beverage & CulinaryLocation
The Westin Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales VIEW ON MAPBrand
Westin Hotels & ResortsSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
The Westin Sydney is an award winning deluxe hotel set in the heart of Sydney's fashion and finance district. Part of the redevelopment of Sydney's historic General Post Office on Martin Place, this luxurious hotel is surrounded by Sydney's most exclusive designer shopping, best restaurants, theatres and nightlife. Uniquely combining Sydney's original General Post Office building with a modern 31-storey tower, the hotel has 416 rooms and suites. The hotels offers impressive event and banquet facilities featuring a highly flexible and sophisticated pillar free hotel ballroom which can accommodate up to 1,000 guests for a seated event, as well as a Victorian style ballroom and eight smaller function spaces.
In this role you will be required to:
- provide efficient, professional and friendly food and beverage service according to hotel service standards and procedures
- preparation and set up of the function room prior to the event
- service of the event
- clearing and cleaning at the end of the event.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Excellent personal presentation
- True passion for customer service
- Must be available to work a variety of shifts over a seven day rotating roster
- Hold a current RSA certificate
- Previous experience within a busy food and beverage service role would be an advantage.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.