Franchised General Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002CS1
Job Category Administrative
Location Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Naperville, Chicago, Illinois VIEW ON MAP
Brand Fairfield Inn & Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Banyan Investment Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Banyan Tree Companies, a 35-year-old hotel management and development company, is searching for a General Manager for the Fairfield Inn and Suites in Naperville, IL. Banyan Tree Management is a Florida-based hotel management and development company that has been named multiple times to Inc's list of fastest growing private companies in the United States. We currently have 15 properties in our management portfolio and offer a dynamic work environment with avenues for professional and personal growth. We strive to create a positive work environment where team members feel like they are part of family, receive a high level of respect, and are recognized for their merits and accomplishments.
We are seeking an individual who embody the core values that are integral to our success:
- Transparent & Accountable
- Humble, Respectful & Dedicated
- Embrace Opportunity
- Create Value for Shareholders
- Family Matters
- The General Manager position is responsible for the following:
- Coordinate and actively manage housekeeping, maintenance, breakfast service, and guest reception departments to ensure a consistent, high quality guest experience.
- Monitor guest satisfaction scores on a daily basis.
- Respond to guest complaints and to resolve issues and come to satisfactory resolutions.
- Supervise weekly, monthly, and quarterly deep cleaning and preventative maintenance initiatives .
- Exceed brand and ownership standards of performance and excellence.
- Ensure that all daily, weekly, and monthly reporting is complete and up to ownership standards.
- Carefully monitor employee labor hours and ensure they do not exceed budget.
- Ensure that all department heads are completing daily/weekly/monthly responsibilities and checklists.
- Inspect rooms with housekeepers on a weekly basis .
- Submit PO's to home office on a timely basis.
- Be on call 24 hours a day to assist with any issues with the hotel.
- Continually monitor local market and comp set and strategically calibrate rates to ensure we out perform the local comp set.
- Engage local community through CVB, Chamber, and others to stay connected to events in the area.
Sales and Marketing:
- Implement and maintain an effective sales and marketing plan.
- Manage sales director to ensure group bookings, LNRs, and SMERF business.
- Engage with guests at breakfast and throughout the day to gain valuable feedback on guest experience.
Employee Staffing and Development:
- Hire, train, and develop new employees.
- Delegate appropriate duties to maximize employee labor hours and minimize employee turnover.
Budgets and Forecasting:
- Must be able to maintain all hotel departments and operations within budget and utilize conservative economics in ordering all supplies for hotel operations to ensure best ROI.
- Actively work with ownership to create budgets and forecasts.
General Manager experience required
This company is an equal opportunity employer.