Franchised Front Office Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002CRI
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location SpringHill Suites Anchorage Midtown, Anchorage, Alaska VIEW ON MAP
Brand SpringHill Suites
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via email at: Josh.email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, JL Properties, Inc.. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming when working (per JLHM standards)
- Comply at all times with standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Establish and maintain attentive, friendly, courteous and efficient hospitality at the Front Desk.
- Respond to all guest requests, issues, complaints and/or incidents presented at the Front Desk.
- Coach, counsel and discipline all Front Office personnel according to company S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure compliance to brand and company training, using the steps to effective training according to standards.
- Prepare and conduct all Front Office interviews and follow hiring procedures according to S.O.P.'s.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual Front Office associate performance appraisals according to S.O.P.'s.
- Develop associate morale and ensure training of Front Office personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate efficiency, monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Attend all required Rooms meetings with all appropriate reports and documentation necessary to establish select sell guidelines and implement appropriate restrictions.
- Supervise the Night Audit function.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as appropriate & scheduled.
- Be responsible for developing a supervisor as assigned, including sign-off on all competencies and assist in his/her placement.
- Ensure all end of the month report dates are met and as outlined.
- Review Front Office staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Prepare associate Schedule according to business forecast, payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Present schedule to General Manager weekly.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders, vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, associates and other departments.
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items, i.e., returned checks, rejected credit cards, associate discrepancies, etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system, including software maintenance, report generation and analysis.
- Monitor proper operation of the Telephone console and ensure that associates maintain S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Monitor the process of taking reservations ensuring that courtesy and up selling techniques are maintained.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all policies and house rules.
- Understand hospitality terms.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Attend monthly all-associate team meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Attend weekly staff meeting as may be scheduled and provide training on a rotational basis using steps to effective training according to standards.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages, packages, and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and promotions currently underway.
- Follow and enforce all hotel credit policies.
- Process and handle guest laundry.
- Ensure that employees are, at all times, attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and other associates.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly team meeting.
- Focus the Front Office Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Follow the principles of POS (Positively Outrageous Service).
- Follow at 100% compliance all JLHM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Strive to enhance TripAdvisor Scores & Ranking by soliciting reviews from guests. Encourage front office team members to do the same.
- Strive to enhance Marriott brand GSS scores of the property. Ensure that all associates in the department understand current status and goals moving forward.
- Adhere to at 100% levels all Marriott/SpringHill Suites brand standards, goals, programs and activities.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s, special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Conduct meetings according to standards as required by management.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high- pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling opportunities/issues in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc., from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions utilizing Microsoft Excel and other systems.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.