Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002CDK
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel and Conference Center, Amsterdam, Netherlands VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Working within a great events team, this position
has the responsibility for handling and managing groups and events for the
Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center from the enquiry stage
to the execution. In order to optimize revenue & utilization of meeting
space and guest satisfaction, working to ensure, at a minimum, delivery of
As an Event Specialist you will be part of a team of 5 Events Specialists, 1 Events Trainee, 1 Events Supervisor and an Events Manager.
- Pro-actively analyze and follow up on business leads. Involve the Sales Specialists when needed to convert leads.
- Work in accordance with budget guidelines, ensuring minimum numbers and pricing guidelines when quoting for business, however taking in account when flexibility is needed to ‘close the business’.
- Solicit new and existing meeting accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals. This will consist of telephone solicitation, site inspections, and written communication and file maintenance (in house sales).
- Ensure site inspections are conducted in a methodical fashion adhering to the core standards of the department. Make use of branded site inspection (Power of the Site Inspection) when applicable.
- Have a good knowledge of all prospect, tentative and definite business blocks on the books and give a weekly update of all blocks including pick up to the Events Supervisor and Events Manager.
- Contact clients in order to discuss all meeting / accommodation details and actively up sell to maximize revenues.
- Reconfirm all details to the client and get approval in writing for the additional items / rooms ordered.
- Ensure payment (payment by pro forma or credit facilities) is in order before the group arrival.
- Enter rooming list, routing, payment details and specifics in Opera.
- Prepare event orders, VIP sheets and group files with all information required for the operational departments.
- Meet the client upon arrival for groups over 12 people together with the StarMeeting Concierge to go through the details of the event and to make a daily appointment to check the invoice. Meet the client during their stay to ensure that the client is satisfied with the service given.
- Ensure accurate invoice is send within 24 hours after the applicable event.
- Experience within an Events Department
- Significant experience with Microsoft Office
- Requires skills to sell
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English language
- Must demonstrate well developed interpersonal style to accomplish goals and an ability to creatively and continuously improve methods of Customer Service and internal Operations.
- Open, honest, loyal and consistent.
As an associate at Sheraton Amsterdam Airport Hotel & Conference Center, you will receive a paycheck conforming to the job market. Additionally, in our hotel your personal development is very important to us. We offer you the opportunity to reach your potential by taking part in a wide variety of trainings as stated above.
As an employee of Marriott International you get the possibility of staying in our hotels for a discounted rate. Furthermore, you receive a discount on the F&B departments in the hotels during your stay. As an employee, you will receive travel allowance, and you can make use of the staff restaurant at a small fee. Additionally you will be able to enjoy all of the staff parties and receptions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.