Franchised Night Auditor
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002CCB
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Edison Hotel Raritan Center, Edison, New Jersey VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International’s franchisees.
Please apply via e-mail at : email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Pollin Miller Hospitality Strategies. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Job Description :
Perform all functions as a Guest Services Agent - Greets guests, processes check-ins and check-outs, issues room keys, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in safe and efficient compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations. Processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Verifies daily accounting activity and is responsible for the accurate compilation of all reports for management's review the next day. Promptly reports emergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management. Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
- Reviews room and tax postings for accuracy.
- Balances department totals.
- Ensures all house charges are posted accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Balances ledgers.
- Completes all room night audit reports.
- Balances all credit card room charges.
- Process guest check-ins and room assignments following the hotel rate structures, discounts and sell/upsell strategies. Accommodate special requests when possible.
- Process check-in/check-out and collect payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card
- processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Answer inquiries about hotel services, in-house events, directions, local attractions, etc. Assist
- guests with check cashing, safety boxes, additional guest room keys, transportation, etc.
- If necessary, walk guests in a professional and courteous manner and in compliance with
- policies, procedures and brand stands.
- Pre-register, block reservations and, as appropriate, take same day and future reservations.
- Cancel room reservations according to policies and procedures.
- Ensure release of any Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy
- policies, practices and regulations.
- On time and at work when scheduled and in proper uniform.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
- Ensure maintenance problems are promptly reported through proper channels.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned.
- Check with manager/supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
- On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
- Attend department meetings as scheduled.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or other matters of significance to manager so that corrective measures may be taken.
- Any other tasks/duties as requested by management.
- Education and Experience
- High school education or equivalent experience.
- One to two years of customer relations experience.
- Night auditor experience preferred.
- Guest service, basic accounting, and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Ability to work an overnight shift.
- Familiarity with basic accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service in accordance to brand and company standards.
- Ability to correctly process check-ins and check-outs, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ability to compile facts/figures in a timely manner, identify and investigate issues, and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
- Consistently professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient and simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance. Every associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associates supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an at will associate. Balance room, restaurant and bar work daily. Post and balance charges and settlements in a timely and efficient manner. Maintain files and reset the systems for next day operations.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.