Restaurant & Bar Operations Manager - Barasti
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002C9K
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Le Méridien Mina Seyahi Beach Resort & Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Brand Le Meridien
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Plan and direct the functions of administration and planning of Barasti Bar & Restaurant to meet the daily needs of operation.
Clearly describe, assign and delegate responsibility and authority for the operation of Barasti Bar & Restaurant
Develop, implement and monitor schedules for the operation of Barasti Bar & Restaurant to achieve a profitable result.
Participate with the chef and managers in the creation of attractive and merchandising menus designed to attract a predetermined customer market.
Implement effective control of food, beverage and labor costs in Barasti Bar & Restaurant.
Planning, establishing and achieving predetermined profit objectives and desired standards of quality food, service, cleanliness, merchandising and promotion.
Regularly review and evaluate the degree of customer acceptance of Barasti Bar & Restaurant. Recommend to management new operating and marketing policies whenever declining or constant sales imply dissatisfaction by the customers, a material change in the make-up of the customer market, or a change in the competitive environment.
Develop operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management principles, i.e., budgeting, forecasting purchase specifications, recipes, portion specifications, menu abstracts, food production control, job descriptions, etc.
Continuously evaluate the performance and encourage improvement of the personnel in Barasti Bar & Restaurant. Plan and administer a training and development program within the department which will provide well-trained employees at all levels and permit advancement for those persons qualified and interested in career development.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the night club industry, candidate will be required to work night shifts to reflect the business needs of Barasti Bar & Restaurant. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Considerable knowledge of complex mathematical calculations and computer accounting programs. Budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Previous experience of working with large volume of guests and associates essential.
- Previous experience of nightlife venue operations – minimum of 3 years.
- Experience of Dubai F+B marketplace preferred but not essential.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Participate as team player with other key executive members with the day to day running of the venue.
- Be a leader and role model to all employees of mixed nationalities.
- Sports and Music based knowledge essential for activations and event bookings.
- Able to adapt to fast pace and demanding event schedule.
- Innovative and creative mind set required to work within brand guidelines set by executive committee