Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002C8X
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Brisbane Marriott Hotel, Brisbane, Queensland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Brisbane Marriott is excited to announce a multi-million dollar renovation project which will see the transformation of our 267 guest rooms and suites, executive lounge, two floors of event space and signature restaurant. In line with our exciting new refurbishment, we are looking for vibrant, dedicated, guest focused professionals to join our experienced team.
Must have valid working rights within Australia
Assisting in the preparation of meals within the kitchen, ensuring the highest standards are maintained at all times. To adhere to Marriott’s standards relating to food handling, hygiene and kitchen cleanliness, labelling and storage. To also set up, maintain and pack-down the presentation of the Breakfast Buffet for Motion Bar & Grill; and assist with further food preparation where necessary.
Must be available Monday - Friday, shift 5am - 11am
· Assist in preparation of meals for the restaurant, in room dining, catering and Hot Shoppe.
· Perform all duties according to a daily production sheet.
· Ensure par levels of stock are maintained.
· Work as instructed, or as specified in the recipe on Menu Item Sheets.
· Assist Cold Kitchen with salads, dressings, mayonnaise, cold buffets etc.
· Maintain buffet to a high standard of presentation, labelling foods, and quality checking.
· Collect and return food items to/from the main kitchen.
· Follow Marriott 70 step sanitation checklist and adhere to food storage, labelling and covering of all food items.
· Ensure cold storage and refrigeration areas are kept tidy at all times; maintaining stock rotation
· After finishing work, clean preparation area and equipment and sterilise.
· Ensure that Occupational Health and Safety requirements are observed, maintained and enforced.
· Wear correct personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, face masks, goggles, aprons and/or boots) at all times whilst handling chemicals or working in wet areas.
· Be aware of the hotel’s fire, safety and security procedures.
· Set up, maintain and pack-down the presentation of the Breakfast Buffet for Motion Bar & Grill
· Perform any other duties as requested by Senior Management.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.