Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002C8W
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests. Set tables according to type of event and service standards. Answer questions on menu selections. Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Record transaction in MICROS system at time of order. Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages. Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day. Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc. Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
Communication, quality assurance/quality improvement, general food and beverage services, assists management, closing and steps of service are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, and silver/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards
- Communicate with guests, other employees, or departments to ensure guest needs are met
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, breaking down goods, cleaning all equipment and areas, returning equipment to proper locations, locking refrigerators, restocking items, turning off lights, locking doors, and completing daily cleaning checklist
- Present physical and accurate check and process payment, adhering to all cash handling and credit policies/procedures including added and received gratuity
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages
- Answer questions on menu selections, and check with kitchen staff whenever additional clarification is necessary
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding the length of wait for food items, recook orders, and product availability
Minimum Job requirements:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- At least 1 year of related work experience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.