Food & Beverage - Outlets
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002C8T
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Melbourne Hotel, Melbourne, Victoria VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world's leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you'll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi Find Your World.™
Sheraton Melbourne Hotel is located on Little Collins Street between Spring Street and Exhibition Street, also referred to as the "Paris End" owing to its Art Nouveau architecture, leafy surrounds and proximity to the city's most chic dining and shopping experiences. The hotel is located within the 31 storey "wavilinear" building which features 174 deluxe guest rooms and luxury suites. Hotel facilities include an indoor heated swimming pool, fitness center, a spa with 5 dedicated treatment rooms, one all day dining restaurant, lobby lounge bar and a rooftop terrace bar. The hotel also features 669 square meters of meetings and banquet space over 6 flexible rooms.
The Food & Beverage Department is responsible for providing an exemplary service to guests visiting our hotel's Food & Beverage venues.
Food & Beverage Attendant
As a Food and Beverage Attendant you will be performing a variety of duties in our all day dining restaurant during breakfast, lunch and dinner service. At times you may be required to assist in the hotels bar, room service and banqueting departments. Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing the outlet in accordance with department procedures
- Operating the point of sale system and accurately performing cashiering responsibilities
- Confidently, personally and professionally greeting and serving our guests, utilizing your strong sequence of service knowledge
- Operate the coffee machine and be able to make a variety of quality coffees under pressure
- Have a thorough knowledge of all food & beverage items and know how to describe them to guests while offering comparisons and recommendations
- Maintain hotel service, operational and cleanliness standards at all times
As someone who prides themselves on delivering personalised service to guests, the ideal candidate will be energetic, friendly, enjoy working in a team environment and have strong time management skills.
You will have previous experience in an upmarket or fine dining restaurant and have a willingness to use your initiative and solve problems. As someone who enjoys taking ownership, you will have strong communication skills and a desire to succeed while maintaining your high standards.
All candidates must be available to work a rotating roster including public holidays and weekends and must have a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) Certificate.
This is an excellent opportunity to make your mark in a vibrant and growing company. In return for your commitment and passion to succeed, you will have the opportunity to work with a highly motivated team and receive excellent benefits including:
- Generous accommodation and Food and Beverage discounts for Associates, family and friends across all Marriott properties worldwide
- Spa treatment discounts at our luxurious The Spa at Sheraton Melbourne
- Associate recognition programs
- Discount CBD parking
- World class training programs
- Strategic career development opportunities
Working for Sheraton is so much more than just a job – it's a lifestyle. Come and join us!
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.