Attendant, Banquet Service
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002BN0
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, No. 5 Cotai Strip, Macao S.A.R., Macao, Macao S.A.R. VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Prepare coffee breaks, carts, and stations with appropriate food and beverages as stated in Banquet Event Order. Prepare tables, action stations, buffets, service carts, dessert table/carts and cordial carts. Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen. Ensure courses are cleared and tables are properly crumbed. Respond to and try to fulfill any special banquet event arrangements. Replenish buffet items to ensure consistency and freshness in presentation. Monitor tableware to ensure it is presentable to guests. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas. Bus tables by removing and separating tableware, plateware, glassware, and flatware.
Guest relations, communication, working with others, quality assurance/quality improvement, physical tasks, general food and beverage services and beverage/coffee cart are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and special requests to the kitchen
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards, including types of linens, glassware, plate/chinaware, and silver/flatware, ensuring all supplies meet quality standards
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation all china, glass, and silver prior to use
Minimum Job requirements:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- Less than 1 year related work experience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.