Commis III (In Room Dining)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002AXD
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Responsible for assisting in the individual operational aspects of respective kitchen section in meeting dictated 5 star product standards. Operational support to the Chef de Partie, Demi Chef, and Commis 1 in meeting all divisional targets and objectives with a view to maximum guest satisfaction and protecting all assets of the Hotel.
Policies and procedures, guest relations, communication, working with others, general kitchen and food preparation are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect
- Prepare all potentially hazardous foods at the correct temperature according to the HACCP guidelines
- Ensure the quality of the food items and notify manager if a product does not meet specifications
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company Food Safety Programs within assigned area of responsibility, as well as all local, state, and federal regulations
- Show effort and passion to cook great food to exceed guest expectation
- Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist, establishing priority items
Minimum Job requirements:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
- At least 1 year of related work experience
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.