Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002AUN
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Concierge is a job for individual who loves to travel and share their travel experience. Being a Concierge at Sheraton Grand Macao will need to have a wealth of local Macao knowledge. Having an outgoing personality and mindset of being an ambassador of Macao is very essential. Being a Concierge will be a fulfilling job for anyone who loves the hospitality industry.
Respond to guest requests for special arrangements or services (e.g., transportation, reservations, dry cleaning) by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers. Respond to special requests from guests with unique needs and follow up to ensure satisfaction. Gather, summarize, and provide information to guests about the property and the surrounding area amenities, including special events and activities. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bell/Door Attendant, Housekeeping) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem. Review shift logs/daily memo books and document pertinent information in logbooks. Monitor club lounge for seating availability, service, safety, and well-being of guests. The associates will require performing shifts around the clock.
Guest relations, communication, guest services and VIP/Concierge services are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call
- Contact appropriate individual or department (e.g., Bellperson, Front Desk, Housekeeping, Engineering, Security/Loss Prevention) as necessary to resolve guest call, request, or problem
- Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus) for guests/residents/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed
- Respond to guest/resident requests for special arrangements or services (e.g., spa services, transportation, religious services, babysitting, financial services, business center services, interpretation services, reservations, dry cleaning, entertainment/sporting events, shopping) by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers
- Respond to special requests from guests/residents with unique needs
- Gather, summarize, and utilize information about the property and the surrounding area amenities, including special events and activities
Minimum Job requirements:
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.