Assistant Chief Engineer
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002AEE
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Assists department head in managing budget, capital expenditures, preventative maintenance and energy conservation. Accountable for maintaining the building and grounds with particular attention towards safety, security and asset protection. Assigns, tracks and follows up on status of work assigned to staff and contractors. Helps to increase guest and employee satisfaction through effective communications and training.
Supporting management of property operations, maintaining property standards and ensuring exceptional customer service are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- Monitors timeliness and quality of completion of repair work orders
- Assists in managing the physical plant including equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, water treatment, electrical and life safety systems
- Inspect and evaluate the physical condition of facilities in order to determine the type of work required
- Assists in effectively planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs
- Provides emergency response services 24/7
- Sets a positive example for guest relations
Minimum Job requirements:
- Diploma in Engineering or equivalent Technical education
- Certified Trainer in hospitality programs/systems
- Hand-on technical skills
- Sound understanding of preventative maintenance and condition monitoring
- Financial acuity / Business acumen – the control of expenses/costs, the monitoring of financial procedures, and the maximisation of revenues through initiative
- Human Resource Management skills - successful recruitment, training, and the development of each associate according to their potential for advancement
- Ability to be a Change Agent and drive the pursuit of continuous improvement
- Leadership, Delegation, Motivation and Team Building skills
- Effective conflict resolution and problem solving skills
- Sound information systems knowledge
- Fire safety knowledge
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.