Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 18002ADW
Job Category Engineering and Facilities
Location Sheraton Grand Macao Hotel, Cotai Central, Macao S.A.R., Macao VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues. Perform preventive maintenance on tools and kitchen and mechanical room equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio). Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment and all utility shut-offs for buildings. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed. Communicate each day’s activities and problems that occur to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards. Display basic knowledge or ability to acquire knowledge in the following categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building. Perform all surface preparation, painting, minor drywall and wood trim repair, light bulb and A/C filter replacement and the complete and thorough clean up of the painting or repair area. Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment, plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical components including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other guestroom items. Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related inventory duties. Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work. Perform repairs on interior and exterior landscaping as well as external landscaping sprinklers, Display basic computer skills including inputting air handler schedules and making temperature changes.
General maintenance, accident prevention and safety, install, maintain, and repair items, maintain building and property and communication are key ingredients to success for this opportunity.
Core work activities include:
- To adopt the best practices of operating all technical system including all Utilities expenditure, energy management programmed from time to time
- To assist other Associates in the following Sheraton Hotels and Resorts operational programmed such as Fire & Life, Safety, health & environment protection, M&E, building, preventive maintenance programmed
- To establish good rapport with all operational departments and clients
- To response to all work order request in the correct, efficient and timely operation and maintenance of all building services to avoid inconvenience or discomfort situation that leads to the performance of the GSI index
- To able to perform masonry works such as repair, replace, lay new marble, tiles and other form of material in all area
- To able to repair and replace all form of decorative, fixed furniture and other form of fixture in all area
- To ensure physical work safety on site
- To be responsible and attend to guestrooms and strictly adhere to fire and life safety regulation in handling of flame able materials
- To execute Ken fix programmed such as preventive maintenance, repair and building schedule as per specified standard in accordance with the guideline and policies and procedures of handover of completed preventive maintenance areas to respective department Associates
- Awareness to protect the environment according to Starwood guidelines
- Actively promote a work life balance environment for Associates, which cares for guests and associates alike
- To attend monthly training as per schedule
- To perform shift duties and other duties assigned by Supervisors
Minimum Job requirements:
- Hand on technical skills in repairing and maintaining of building works
- Strong Communication Skills – must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace, ensuring good information
- M&E operational and building systems knowledge will be an advantage
- Basic Fire safety knowledge an advantage
- 3 Years experience in renovation, masonry and building work experience (HVAC, Fire, Electrical, Kitchen, Plumbing)
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.