Assistant Restaurant Manager - JW Cafe
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800294M
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, Hong Kong S.A.R., Hong Kong VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Here’s To Your Journey with JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong.
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong is one of Marriott International’s 30 renowned hotel brands. As the world’s leading Hospitality Company, we offer unmatched opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration.
The JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong located at One Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Admiralty is currently hiring a Human Resources Assistant.
It’s a powerful feeling, to belong. It’s finishing each other’s thoughts. Laughing at the same jokes. It’s that moment you feel truly and completely yourself. It’s working with people who treat you like family. At Marriott we know that when you feel at home, you’ll make our guests feel at home. If this sounds like the place for you, join us.
Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate housing and related lodging facilities worldwide. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott. Today, Marriott International has more than 6,100 lodging properties located in the United States and 120other countries and territories.
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, the first JW Marriott brand in Asia is situated in the prestigious Pacific Place complex, offering 602 luxurious guestrooms; 8 superb food & beverage venues; dedicated events and meeting services; and leisure facilities. Named Aon Hewitt Best Employer in Hong Kong in 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016 and 2017, we are looking for people who are passionate about providing exceptional guest service to be part of our dynamic team.
- Previous experience in an International 5-star hotel
- 4-years experience in an all-day dining restaurant including at least 2-years experience at supervisory level
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Knowledgeable in P&L reports
- Creative, with an eye for details
- Outgoing and people-oriented
- Motivator and team-builder
- Display initiative and commitment to professional values
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Restaurant Manager plans and actions to achieve improved operations, overcome deficiencies, and instigate necessary changes.
- Daily inspection of restaurant and readiness (aisle set-up, dining room set-up) according to standards. Follow checklist.
- Regular inspection of all areas in order to direct work. Emphasis to be on sanitation and cleanliness.
- Daily menu classes (use records, proper service, taste panel, daily problems, special instructions).
- Period meeting with hourly staff:
i. Accomplishments during past period
ii. Future plans and goals
iii. Recent problems
iv. Training session
v. Staff comments
- Attend Food and Beverage Meeting periodically.
- Daily Restaurant Management Team “Briefing”.
- Standards and Controls
- Supervise and direct restaurant service.
- Maintain safety by adhering to stated safety policies, handle guest and employee accidents.
- Handle guest complaints in the most diplomatic manner.
- Supervise and monitor dispensing or rolls, toast, butter, crackers, jelly, cream and any other food that can be easily over dispensed or thrown out-aisle station checklist.
- Spot check guest checks to insure proper check handling procedures are being adhered to.
- Awareness of budget and continuous work toward achieving budgeted goals.
- Relate any dining room maintenance needs to hotel engineering department by work order program. Maintain work order log.
- Watch for China/glassware breakage and waste of silverware, miscellaneous serving equipment and cleaning supplies in dining room and dish room.
- Help maintain a sanitary and efficient dish room operation.
- Keep storeroom in a state of readiness, cleanliness and tidiness.
- Maintain weekly inventory of all controllables.
- Sales incentive program for the staff.
- Sales promotion.
- Personnel Administration and Development
- Assist in recruiting and training of new dining room personnel.
- Schedule dining room personnel with forecasted business-insuring that staffing ti adequate and yet within budgetary goals.
- Inspect and supervise dining room personnel as to rating job performance, recommending pay increase, transfers and terminations.
- Schedule, assign and supervise work of hostess/cashier.
- Promote and maintain good employee relations between service kitchen and dining room.
- Maintain and promote aggressive hospitality.
- Pitch in physically when needed.
- Develop and enforce energy conservation program.