F&B Ambassador (Server)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800288H
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location AC Hotel Cape Town Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.
To assist with the running of the entire food and beverage operation (Restaurant, Bar and Lounge Area), ensuring the smooth running of the outlet, taking full advantage to maximise revenue potential and ensure guest satisfaction in compliance with Marriott International Policies and Procedures.
Experience and Qualifications
- 2 years experience working in a 4 or 5 star hospitality environment
- Working knowledge of Micros
- Great conversational skills and teamwork-oriented
- Positive outlook and outgoing personality
- Previous serving experience is a big plus
Extensive product knowledge of spirits and cigars
Computer literacy essential
Ability to work without supervision
Able to work flexible hours and shifts
- Welcome guests and promptly attend to tables
- Serve food and beverages to guests making recommendations if needed
- Share your menu knowledge to assist guests with questions and special requests
- Record transactions in the MICROS system correctly and timely
- Check-in with guests to assure satisfaction with each course and beverage
- Clean tables, complete closing duties and re-stock tableware and other supplies
- Ensure that the highest standards of food and beverage service are maintained.
- Serve food courses and alcoholic beverages to guests.
- Set tables according to type of event and service standards.
- Communicate with the kitchen regarding menu questions, the length of wait, re-cook orders, and product availability.
- Communicate additional meal requirements, allergies, dietary needs, and
- special requests to the kitchen.
- Check in with guests to ensure satisfaction with each food course and/or beverages.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas, china, glass, etc., throughout the day.
- Complete closing duties, including restocking items, turning off lights, etc.
- Present physical and accurate check to guest and process payment.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.