Payroll / Cashier Clerk
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800287T
Job Category Finance and Accounting
Location AC Hotel Cape Town Waterfront, Cape Town, South Africa VIEW ON MAP
Brand AC Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We’re looking for cultural innovators to join our team. If you are someone who has an inner creativity and love for art, design and culture, then we invite you to explore a career with AC Hotels.
At least 2 years’ experience in an accounts environment
2 years Payroll experience
Good Computer literacy in MS Office programs
The ability to perform well under pressure
Accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to work without supervision and within a team
Strong planning and organizing skills to meet deadlines with regards to operational requirements essential
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files, records, cash and cash equivalents in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Classify, code, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals, ledgers, and/or computers.
- Complete period-end closing procedures and reports as specified.
- Audit cashier banks periodically according to SOPs.
- Maintain, distribute, and record petty cash, cashier banks, and contracts. Document, maintain, communicate, and act upon all Cash Variances according to SOPs.
- Act as liaison between property and armored car service or primary banking institution.
- Participate in internal, external, and regulatory audit processes and ensure compliance with SOPs.
- Follow all company policies and procedures .
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Protect company assets.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Ensure that coworkers understand their tasks.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Perform Finance Payroll functions: completion of monthly payroll, third party statutory payments and recon, preparation of month end payroll journal, submit EMP201 and EMP501 through SARS e-filing, print monthly payslips.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.