Host/Hostess - Food & Beverage (Casual)
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 1800259C
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Brisbane Marriott Hotel, Brisbane, Queensland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW Marriott
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
Brisbane Marriott is excited to announce a multi-million dollar renovation project which will see the transformation of our 267 guest rooms and suites, executive lounge, two floors of event space and signature restaurant. In line with our exciting new refurbishment, we are looking for vibrant, dedicated, guest focused professionals to join our experienced team.
Must be available to start on the 3rd of September 2018.
Must have valid working rights within Australia
· Greet and engage hotel guests to enhance the service experience within the lobby & restaurant area.
· Guide guests through the dining rooms and provide any needed assistance.
· Move and arrange tables, chairs, and settings and organize seating for groups with special needs.
· Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard place setting.
· Check menus to ensure they are current, clean, plentiful, and wrinkle-free.
· Respond to guest requests for special arrangements or by making arrangements or identifying appropriate providers.
· Respond to special requests from guests with unique needs and follow up to ensure satisfaction.
· Gather, summarize, and provide local area knowledge to inform guests about the property and the surrounding area amenities, including special events and local activities.
· Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
· Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and wellbeing of guests.
· Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
· Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
· Speak with others using clear and professional language and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
· Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
· Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
· Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.