Aug 21, 2018Job Number
Housekeeping & LaundryLocation
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAPBrand
Marriott Hotels Resorts /JW MarriottSchedule
Start Your Journey With Us
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
To ensure the maximum comfort to the guest’s stay, by maintaining and supervise an efficient cleaning and servicing operation to bedrooms, bathrooms, corridors and service areas. To make sure that the Public Areas are maintained to the Hotel standard.
To carry out and supervise the training of all associates to encourage their growth.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
Number of Direct Reports - Variable
Titles of Direct Reports – Room Attendants, Room Attendant Self Inspectors, Special Projects
Skills and Knowledge
Strong Communication skills in English (verbal, listening, writing)
An effective Team Player in a team based environment
Effective time management skills.
Pro-active and reliable
Able to work alone and within a team
Able to do shift work
Education or Certification
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
• To conduct departmental opening up / closing down procedures according to shift allocation.
• To systematically check all bedrooms (departures, stay overs, vacant rooms) to ensure they have been cleaned and serviced to brand standards
• To supervise the work of the room attendants providing assistance and support and taking corrective measures should the standard of work deviate from the Hotel standards
• To regularly hand back ready rooms to reception to ensure that no guests are waiting for rooms.
• Inform the office Co-ordinator of any discrepancies extra departures, extended stays or vice-versa
• To ensure any V.I.P or special requirements are provided and are ready for guests on arrival.
• To make sure that you carry out the day briefing and the 15 minutes training with all the room attendants and Hk associates.
• The co-ordination of training and orientation of your team members. Maintaining training records and updating accordingly and assisting in the measuring of Hotel standards
• Report and follow up on all maintenance requests on a daily basis.
• Ensure that occupied rooms are serviced no later than 15.00 hours
• Ensure that the Do not Disturb policy and procedures are followed
• Conduct the correct hand over procedure for each shift
• To assist in Inventories.
• To attend or hold training sessions when required
• To hold team meetings and produce an action plan for the director of services and ensure these are followed up.
• To carry out your teams 1;1 meetings and staff appraisals
• To assist in building and maintaining an efficient team of staff by taking an active interests in their welfare health safety training and development.
• To assist in maintaining discipline within department.
• To ensure all departmental practices and procedures to be confident in their implementation and assist in the necessary modification of any as requested
• To supervise the deep cleaning of bedrooms, changing of shower curtains etc.
• To ensure all requests from guests are carried out.
• On completion of the shift ensure that all service rooms are locked clean and tidy and that corridors are clean and tidy
• To ensure all trolleys are tidy at the end of the day and that the worksheets for staff have been signed
• To maintain a smooth working relationship with associates of other departments
• To ensure that all room attendants hand over all lost property as soon as it is found and that it is recorded according to the hotel standard
• To be fully conversant with standard cleaning procedures and the correct usage and dosage of each cleaning chemical. To be aware of and adhere to, Health and safety Regulations and to ensure that these are complied with at all times.
• To report to the office co-ordinator any maintenance faults or hazards in public area, corridor or equipment immediately.
• To report to the office co-ordinator any damaged fixtures and fitting which needs replacements.
• To ensure all department equipment, service rooms and store cupboards are maintained at the required standard and are left clean, tidy and locked at the end of each shift.
• To follow the correct procedure for the storage and recording of lost property.
• To be aware of all current Company and Departmental Policies and Procedures. Ensuring that these are adhered to at all times.
• To attend all Statutory Training, Job Training Sessions and Communication Meetings.
• Attends meetings and training sessions/ courses that may be beneficial to you and your department on request from your director of services.
• To be aware of and carry out all Hotel Security.
• To report any suspicious person(s) or packages immediately to the duty manager.
• To be aware of the Health, Safety and Hygiene Regulations at work
• To take correct action in the event of a fire. Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staff follow the hotel evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm
• To maintain a cheerful and polite attitude to our guests and colleagues at all times and to use the guests name if known.
• To ensure any guest complaints are investigated and rectified to the guest’s satisfaction immediately. Any serious complaints should be referred to the Director of services for her attention.
• Co - operate and communicate with your associates, supervisors and management to ensure effective team work and high morale
• Familiarizes yourself with your departmental service performance & product standards and to be able to demonstrate their application consistently.
• Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
• Follows all procedures set up for the protection of the environment within the hotel and grounds.
• To carry out any other reasonable task as requested e.g. checking public areas
Safety and Security
Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.