Front Office Supervisor / Duty Manager
Check out pictures from associates at this location, and some videos too!
Job Number 180023TS
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location W Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands VIEW ON MAP
Brand W Hotels
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
We share our guests’ passions, providing insider access to what’s new and what’s next. Moderation is not in our vocabulary and we know that lust for life demands more, not less. W guests soak it in and live each day with a mantra: Detox.Retox.Repeat. If you’re ready to create the energetic W scene that is magnetic to everyday disruptors around the world, then we invite you to explore a career with W Hotels.
Start your career as Front Office Supervisor/Duty Manager at the W Amsterdam where design, music, fashion and fuel connect to our guests and create an extraordinary dynamic for the city of canals.
Split across two unique buildings, a former Telephone Exchange building and a Bank, W Amsterdam is an intriguing design mix of heritage and contemporary where nights never end and the pulse is set high with a full calendar of exclusive W Happenings.
A magnificent icon where our guests step inside the W Amsterdam and go straight to the top and check in at our rooftop W Lounge. Experience the innovative design and luxury of our 238 stylish guestrooms, including 25 suites, three WOW suites and two lavish Extreme WOW Suites.
Get in on the fun and transform your dreams into reality. Apply now and Deliver Whatever/Whenever to our guests, Connect to the Extraordinary & Surround yourself with what’s new/next.
And here’s the exciting part - we are looking for a Front Office Supervisor/Duty Manager who is passionate about W, motivating and coaching a dynamic team.
It is critical that the ideal candidate represents the W lifestyle to our guests and customers. In this role you will be leading the Welcome Desk Agents during their shift and work on training and development.
The Front Office Supervisor/Duty Manager is responsible for the daily operations in the Welcome Desk (Front Office) in order to WOW our guests whilst ensuring strong talent engagement and adherence to service standards and operating procedures.
The Front Office Supervisor/Duty Manager is required to conduct their duties and responsibilities in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, ensuring that the highest level of service is maintained.
- Manage the day to day operations at the Welcome Desk to ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, standards and aiming at satisfying and exceeding the guests' expectations.
- Ensure new employees are well trained in order to understand all procedures and programs used
- Maintain strong communication within the department and with other departments
- Motivate and guide Welcome Desk Agents
- Assume full responsibilities for the department in the absence of the Welcome Desk Manager
- Accomplish a set of administrative duties such as leading and attending meetings, writing reports, maintaining a log book of activities, preparing work schedule in order to maximise efficiency of man power, assisting in revising and/or updating HID’s and other specific duties related to the role.
You possess high levels of organizational skills and efficiency and are able to work under pressure. You are a natural trainer and are willing to develop and train new talents. As "Talent" you represent the W lifestyle to our guests. You are the heart inside the brand - you bring it to life.
If you are the right candidate, you will be passionate about the W brand. You'll have an upbeat and positive attitude and you are someone who enjoys a challenge! You thrive working in a high pressure and high volume environment and can think and act quickly. You are a team player and enjoy building relationships with colleagues and customers alike. You generally have a work hard/play hard attitude to life and you enjoy having fun at work as well!
- MBO / HBO Degree required (preferably in Hotel Management)
- Fluency in English & Dutch.
- Experience in 5* Luxury Segment
- At least 1 year experience in Front Office