The Director of Groups Sales together with the Director of Sales is responsible for the development of successful strategies for all groups segments in terms of rooms, beverage and food and function spaces, in order to meet and/or exceed revenue goals.
This position oversees and monitors the demand for groups and events business.
He/she is responsible for the process from enquiry to conversion.
The Director of Groups coaches and manages a team of 10; the Groups Sales managers, as well as the Coordinator and the trainees.
1. Possesses very strong analytical skills
2. Proven experience in leading a (sales) team
3. Proven experience in hotel sales. Experience with revenue management is desirable
4. Great communication skills, both verbally and written
5. Fluency in Spanish and in English, both verbally and written
6. Knowledge of hotel and competitive environment
7. Ability to evaluate performance
8. Possesses an EU work permit
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws